Decorating From Nothing to Something... a JUNKER'S Full Home Tour.

vintage repurpose 12 hours ago
The best thing that ever happened to me is when I was forced to start my life over again, having little funds. Creativity was a must in order to decorate my home.

Everything you see on this home tour was created from nothing... meaning, from found things, such as pallets and recycled fencing board.

Today, my favourite shopping places are STILL the curb, thrift stores and garage sales. It's become about the hunt... and how efficient I can make something. I'm finding that while I can buy if I desire, I don't really need to. I still want to continue to put my rustic stamp on everything I make.

I truly believe, all it takes is belief in yourself along with creativity, in order to fill your home and in turn, love it even more because of the effort YOU put into the builds.

Tutorials are attached to each picture. And there's more to the tour via the blog link.

Happy JUNKIN'!

Difficulty: Moderate

To see more: http://www.funkyjunkinteriors.net/2013/06/a-junk-filled-summer-home-tour-funky-junk-interiors.html

Do you have a question about this post?

Ask Here!
  • FunkyJunk Interiors - Donna
    WOW! What a nice thing to wake up to! Thanks for all your kudos! @Linda W, (cannot tag today?!) I find my pallets at a firetruck manufacturer I frequent with my work. Just go to any industrial area where they get in big loads of stuff and ask. They
  • Tracey T
    Tracey T Mission, TX
    I love digging in junk piles, trash put out and going thru thrift stores. You have inspired me as to what to look for and how I can come up with some items as yourself. Love it all!!
  • V Valencia
    V Valencia Downey, CA
    Great ideas....I love your creativity!
  • Linda C
    Linda C Lincolnton, NC
    Absolutely the best I have seen on this subject....bravo !!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Melissa
    Melissa Mitchell, IN
    I am way impressed. you are very creative.
  • Karen Churn
    Karen Churn Warrensburg, MO
    Absolutely ingenious and lovely!
  • Cyndi Padro
    Cyndi Padro Normal, IL
    You have been blessed with an incredible talent!
  • Joni Bodie
    Joni Bodie Perkinston, MS
    Really creative ideas... You made some really awesome looking pieces from nothing, I like you use old to make new and love the look, thanks for so many new ideas !
  • MJ Kiskinen
    MJ Kiskinen Modesto, CA
    So creative and clever. I am in awe.
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer Granbury, TX
    I was sosososo excited a couple weeks ago when I checked with our local feed store about clean pallets and they not only had some but they were only $2.00 bucks each! If only I had had a truck! But did get three into my cry and now ponder which project I
  • Sumaya Warwick
    Sumaya Warwick South Africa
    There is still hope for me....big ideas,tight budget and a whole house to re-do from top to bottom:)
  • Angela @ Twelve Oaks Manor
    Love your projects and ideas! Your creativity is certainly inspiring!!
  • Donna Shipley-Richie
    Donna Shipley-Richie Mckinleyville, CA
    Lots of GREAT ideas. Thanks for sharing!
  • Bonnie croft
    Bonnie croft Madisonville, KY
    this is great. Fantastic ideas for when my daughter & her family move on to where ever and when ever I may not have to bring all my other stuff back in my house. Thanks a ton
  • Lori J
    Lori J Broken Bow, NE
    All utterly charming, but I really love that funky little garden shed.
FunkyJunk Interiors - Donna