Hometalk.com

Dream Home 6 days ago

Decorating From Nothing to Something... a JUNKER'S Full Home Tour.

The best thing that ever happened to me is when I was forced to start my life over again, having little funds. Creativity was a must in order to decorate my home.

Everything you see on this home tour was created from nothing... meaning, from found things, such as pallets and recycled fencing board.

Today, my favourite shopping places are STILL the curb, thrift stores and garage sales. It's become about the hunt... and how efficient I can make something. I'm finding that while I can buy if I desire, I don't really need to. I still want to continue to put my rustic stamp on everything I make.

I truly believe, all it takes is belief in yourself along with creativity, in order to fill your home and in turn, love it even more because of the effort YOU put into the builds.

Tutorials are attached to each picture. And there's more to the tour via the blog link.

Happy JUNKIN'!

Difficulty: Moderate

To see more: http://www.funkyjunkinteriors.net/2013/06/a-junk-filled-summer-home-tour-funky-junk-interiors.html

58 Comments Displaying 15 of 58 comments | See Previous
  • Beth B Birmingham, AL
    Donna your home is the most warm, welcoming masterpiece of junk I've ever seen. I wanna come snuggle up on your sofa and hang out!
  • FunkyJunk Interiors - Donna so happy to find you - you're in Langley? I'm not far away in Grand Forks. Love your style - thanks so much for sharing!
  • Kimberly C Queen Creek, AZ
    They say "necessity breeds invention" you've done it in a most creative and artful way! I love that you have embraced it.
  • Kelly Hatch-walker Mount Morris, NY
    You are such an inspiration. Just this summer alone i have completed a million projects, most of them inspired by yours, such as the drill handle tool box, an old fence wood headboard ( adore it), and the beginning of adding grape vines to my garden
  • Kelly Hatch-walker Mount Morris, NY
    Oh, and so happy to see that the kitties looking so at home! You did a wonderful thing keeping those two together!
  • Compliments for those stairs. Really like the graphics!
  • Terrie Kaufman Vancouver, WA
    Wow lady, my hat is off to you! It's GREAT and more so, it's original....<grin>
  • Lauren Little Searcy, AR
    Just love!!! Pinned to Dream Home!! You are so very talented!!
  • Dennie S Alexander City, AL
    I AM DOING THE SAME THING. I GAVE MY HOME AND EVERYTHING IN IT TO MY GRAND-DAU AND MY GREAT GRAND KIDS, HAVE NO REGRETS. I AM SO PROUD OF MY JUNK, MORE THAN THE STUFF THAT I PAID THOUSANDS FOR, I AM HAVING SOOOO MUCH FUN!!! I DON'T THINK I PAID MORE THAN
  • Janet Smith College Station, TX
    Such clever and creative ideas. I love your black Winsor chairs too!
  • Keith Chesapeake, VA
    Wow.. A true visionary.. and a great eye for detail.. no fair! (But still amazing!)
  • Darcelle O'Connor Clearwater, FL
    I love this wood paneled wall. I have 4 old private fence panels. I'd like to do the same with them, how did you attach them to the wall with security?
  • Debbie Sykesville, MD
    The stairs will always be one of my favorite Upcyle of all times!!
  • Love Digging in the Dirt Saint Clair Shores, MI
    I cannot even find the words to describe how amazing all of this is!! Incredible!
  • Tina Franzen Harper Woods, MI
    WOW! I absolutely love this post. everything is gorgeous! You are quite talented and creative! very well done! I think my favorite is the indoor window shutters (for lack of a better word)