Hometalk.com

Epsom Salts for the Home, Garden AND Natural Beauty!

Epsom salts aren't really salt like table salt, but rather a naturally occurring pure mineral compound of magnesium and sulfate. This combination has a multitude of benefits for health, gardening and household uses.

Ease muscle strain: Add 2 cups to bath water and soak for at least 20 minutes.

Cut & inflammation relief: A thick paste of Epsom salt and water applied to the affected area will provide additional relief.

Foot care: Soaking your feet in an Epsom salt bath can help relieve the symptoms of Athlete's Foot, gout and toenail fungus.

Splinter remover: If you have a splinter, soak the area in Epsom salts and hot water and the splinter will dislodge on its own.

Hair clarifier: To remove product buildup combine one gallon of water, one cup of lemon juice and one cup of Epsom salts.Cover the mixture and let it sit for at least 24 hours. When it is ready,pour it over dry hair and leave it on for 20 minutes before shampooing.

Exfoliator: Epsom salts rubbed over wet skin make a great exfoliator.

Hand cleaner: Epsom salt mixed with baby oil is an effective hand wash.

235 Comments Displaying 15 of 235 comments | See Previous
  • Jennifer Bravo Sherwood, AR
    Glycerin can be found at Walmart. I use about 1 cup of epsom salts and 3-4 tablespoons of glycerin.
  • LoEtta yaden Longview, WA
    Thank you for sharing. My roses thank you and my lawn. and so many good

places to use.

• Jan D Grass Valley, CA
    Diabetics should not use epsom salts in the bath or as a foot soak. This was told to me by my doctors. You might want to check with your doctor if you are diabetic.
    • Cheryl C Perkins, OK
      Each person reacts different but many medications strip the body of magnesium so you need it. I also disagree that all diabetic people would need to worry about lowering blood pressure as many have high blood pressure so it again depends on the person. I
  • Norman Copeland Meridian, MS
    drill holes in a pesky stump fill with epsom salts and wait a few months stump will be completely rotted and easy to remove..
  • Debra Farmer Cedartown, GA
    What about fire ants?
  • Colleen Knight Newark, DE
    Great for tomato plants as well for bud rot...
  • Lyn Rutledge Australia
    My Nanna used to take Epsom Salts every morning in a cup of warm water.
  • Bethany W. Tallahassee, FL
    So, something else to add to my "can't live without" list! Thank you very much!
  • Thank you very much for sharing!😊
  • Patricia Brown Jackson, NJ
    epsom salt is not a salt at all it is a mix of magnesium and sulphur
  • Jim R Alliance, OH
    if you ad half a bag to your lawn fertilizer you can reduce the amount of fertilizer by 1/2 or it goes twice as much area
  • LeAnn O Sioux Falls, SD
    I am going to try the hair one.