Epsom Salts for the Home, Garden AND Natural Beauty!

Garden Treasures 09.21.15
Epsom salts aren't really salt like table salt, but rather a naturally occurring pure mineral compound of magnesium and sulfate. This combination has a multitude of benefits for health, gardening and household uses.

Ease muscle strain: Add 2 cups to bath water and soak for at least 20 minutes.

Cut & inflammation relief: A thick paste of Epsom salt and water applied to the affected area will provide additional relief.

Foot care: Soaking your feet in an Epsom salt bath can help relieve the symptoms of Athlete's Foot, gout and toenail fungus.

Splinter remover: If you have a splinter, soak the area in Epsom salts and hot water and the splinter will dislodge on its own.

Hair clarifier: To remove product buildup combine one gallon of water, one cup of lemon juice and one cup of Epsom salts.Cover the mixture and let it sit for at least 24 hours. When it is ready,pour it over dry hair and leave it on for 20 minutes before shampooing.

Exfoliator: Epsom salts rubbed over wet skin make a great exfoliator.

Hand cleaner: Epsom salt mixed with baby oil is an effective hand wash.

• Epsom salts aren't salt like table salt.
  • Sprinkle a line around base of plants plants to keep slugs away
  • Kill lawn pests without chemicals
  • Bea F
    Bea F Corpus Christi, TX
    All these tips are great. Thank you so much.
  • Dawn Lam
    Dawn Lam Rockford, IL
    thank you so much for all of the tips, and all of the comments..always so helpful
  • Nancy
    Nancy Sewickley, PA
    Best weed killer: 1 gallon white vinegar, 1 cup Epson Salt, 1/4 cup Dawn liquid detergent. Mix and use in sprayer.
  • Nikki
    Nikki Saint Louis, MO
    I have used this on my roses and WOW! the started blooming like crazy, and I also used over riped bananas and or banana peels and it was amazing to see them double in size and bloom so fast in just a very short time.
  • Jennifer Franklin
    I use Epsom salts in my bath.. Three handfuls of Epsom salts to 6 drops of lavender oil soak for 20mins..
Anne @ DesignDreams by Anne

Search Feedback