Hometalk.com

Backyard Escapes 8 hours ago

Creating A Mason Jar Centerpiece From Old Barn Wood Or Pallets

With the garden all planted and growing, and a little bit of extra time before the heavy picking and canning season begins - we thought today would be a great time to focus on an easy DIY project using old barn or pallet wood.

Mary had been wanting a centerpiece for our barn table at the farm - and with the table measuring 12' long - the hardest part was to come up with something that could fill the space and still look like it belonged. The answer came in the form of some left over barn wood and a few mason jars.

The best part about this project is that you can create it in less than an hour using some simple scraps of barn wood or pallets. We built ours to be 48" long and with 5 mason jars evenly spaced to fit the long table - but you can adjust the final length to accommodate whatever size you need.

Now we have an easy to use centerpiece carrying on our barn theme that can hold fresh-cut flowers, candles - or whatever is in season.

Here is what we used to make it:

To see more: http://oldworldgardenfarms.com/2013/06/11/creating-a-mason-jar-centerpiece-from-old-barn-wood-or-pallets/

12 Comments Displaying 12 of 12 comments
  • Miriam I New York, NY
    Love!
  • Mary Insana Pittsburgh, PA
    Love it too ! This would be a great Christmas gift. Since our winters are long and cold I like to give gardening gifts or something that can be used for flowers as gifts. I'd tuck some packets of flower seeds into the mason jars and/or votive lights.
  • These look great!!
  • Oh how I love this!!
  • love it. gave me some good ideas. tks
  • BrightNest Denver, CO
    This project is great!
  • Franceen o'toole Wilmington, NC
    just put the flowers in the jars and set it on the table
  • Jeanie C Greenville, AL
    I purchased a small tray like this at World Market for $10, so that I could take her flowers every time I visited her in the NH. Almost purchased one for myself. Glad I did not! Thanks for flipping this light switch for another ah ha moment!
  • Ernie holbrook Wabash, IN
    I've made some thing on this order, & using 100 year old 'blue jars/w tops'!

Wife loves them!

• Nancy dale mccombs Sale Creek, TN
    my daughter loves mason jars. she used them in her wedding as directioins so this gives me a idea for her christmas gift. thanks
  • Tamara Wood Deland, FL
    OMG!! I made something sooo simular to your project! I used wood from a home built in 1940! And my jars are bottles.
  • These are Great !!! :)xx <3