Creating A Mason Jar Centerpiece From Old Barn Wood Or Pallets

Snacks 06.25.15
With the garden all planted and growing, and a little bit of extra time before the heavy picking and canning season begins - we thought today would be a great time to focus on an easy DIY project using old barn or pallet wood.

Mary had been wanting a centerpiece for our barn table at the farm - and with the table measuring 12' long - the hardest part was to come up with something that could fill the space and still look like it belonged. The answer came in the form of some left over barn wood and a few mason jars.

The best part about this project is that you can create it in less than an hour using some simple scraps of barn wood or pallets. We built ours to be 48" long and with 5 mason jars evenly spaced to fit the long table - but you can adjust the final length to accommodate whatever size you need.

Now we have an easy to use centerpiece carrying on our barn theme that can hold fresh-cut flowers, candles - or whatever is in season.

Here is what we used to make it:

• Up close view of the wood and jars
  • The completed barn wood and mason jar project out on the table at the farm.
  • Using just a few pieces of old barn wood and some mason jars, you can create this centerpiece to hold flowers, candles and more.
  • All of the pieces cut out and ready for assembly.
  • Trace around the mason jars to create the cut lines for the jigsaw.
  • We then used a drill with a 1/2″ bit to create a hole for the jigsaw to cut through.
  • The top piece with all of the mason jar hole cut outs.

To see more: http://oldworldgardenfarms.com/2013/06/11/creating-a-mason-jar-centerpiece-from-old-barn-wood-or-pallets/

• Ernie holbrook
    Ernie holbrook Wabash, IN
    I've made some thing on this order, & using 100 year old 'blue jars/w tops'!

Wife loves them!

• Nancy dale mccombs
    Nancy dale mccombs Sale Creek, TN
    my daughter loves mason jars. she used them in her wedding as directioins so this gives me a idea for her christmas gift. thanks
  • Tamara Wood
    Tamara Wood Deland, FL
    OMG!! I made something sooo simular to your project! I used wood from a home built in 1940! And my jars are bottles.
  • Mariah Philpot
    These are Great !!! :)xx <3
  • AJ Ogden
    AJ Ogden Floral Park, NY
    Can't even tell you how much I LOVE this!! It's absolutely perfect in every single way!! Thanks so much for sharing it with us!!
Old World Garden Farms