Farmhouse kitchen updates

Farmhouse 10.22.15
Just wanted to add some updated kitchen photos. We're using two old vintage school desks as a temporary island (too short/improper storage for permanent solution). I added a DIY 'farmer's market sign' and painted a dresser {microwave cart/BBQ and smoking tool storage near the patio doors}. #MyKitchen #ProudestDIY #‎FarmhouseStyle‬
  • Before was a pantry where the fridge now sets, closer to the work triangle.
  • sliding ladder to cook book library and spice loft
  • marble subway tile backsplash
  • door clock
  • Rose S
    Rose S Marietta, GA
    That is the difference between thee and me - you have a wonderful imagination. My taste is in my mouth, so I am told. I love yours.
  • Kate S
    Kate S Stanardsville, VA
    I like the idea of reusing the desks as an island, but understand that it does not quite meet your needs - which is a shame since there are a ton of these old desks going to waste. Maybe build a platform for them? Or use cabinetry to simulate the two
  • Diana S
    Diana S Fishers, IN
    Why not add "legs" to the desks to raise them up to proper height and give it a butcher block top? It's great... and the clock is cute.
  • Hi M
    Hi M Modesto, CA
    Very homey & welcoming! You did a wonderful job! :)
  • Mary Alice M
    Mary Alice M San Antonio, TX
    What an absolutely beautiful kitchen!! It is super cozy too! Love the cow painting over the microwave!!!
  • Ellen H
    Ellen H Cullman, AL
    Great kitchen. Very inspiring.
  • Daryl M
    Daryl M Kimberton, PA
    Can we see the dining room?
  • Stephanie W
    Stephanie W Trout Creek, MT
    Great job, looks so warm and cozy! I can smell the freshly baked bread .....
  • Amanda W
    Amanda W Salt Lake City, UT
    I like the look of the rolling ladder .. but what exactly does it do ? does it serve a function ? other than that everything looks nice !
  • Connie H
    Connie H Wimauma, FL
    Nice show off...job well done!
  • Ellie W
    Ellie W Zebulon, NC
    I want this kitchen , Clock, Island & all
  • The Space Between
    The Space Between Key West, FL
    The perfect farmhouse kitchen. Those cows above the microwave are such a fun touch.
  • Thistlewood
    Thistlewood Grand Rivers, KY
    I love this kitchen (and her blog is full of really great ideas)!
  • JP S
    JP S Marietta, GA
    I really like the clock on the door-great idea!!!
  • Eclectically Vintage - Kelly
    I am in love with that island!!
DIY Show Off

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post