Hometalk.com

48 Comments Displaying 15 of 48 comments | See Previous
  • Cayenne pepper applied to the outside of my house after every rain got rid of them. They will die if you give them a mix of Borax & icing sugar.
  • Shannon Brown Ulysses, KS
    that's fine. you're completely entitled to your opinion. I'm an oncology nurse. I just wanted let you know, in case you mis-typed the 100%:)
  • LeAnne Heist New Brighton, PA
    I have used bay leaves and it works too.
  • Janet Davis Port Orchard, WA
    Denise, could not find wwwdothowtousediatomateouseart dot com or wwwdothowtousediatomateouseart.com

I did check out the other sites you posted. Thank you for the

• Denise Elkhorn, WI
  • D Burton Panama City Beach, FL
    They also will not cross a line made with chalk. When you find out where they are coming in you can use vaseline petroleum jelly and this stops them from coming in the house.
  • April Lawrenceville, GA
    interesting tips! Thanks for sharing!
  • HomeSpot HQ Durham, NC
    Great tips D Burton!
  • Rose Marie G North Babylon, NY
    I also heard that if you get ants coming in from a door, hang a bunch of dry bay leaves on the bottom of the door. It serves as a repellent.
  • Betty Brady Richland, WA
    EcoSmart also makes an organic, non-toxic spray from essential oils that can be sprayed on the foundation of your house or inside on ant entry ways. I have used it for years and I have two cats, and two dogs. Made with peppermint, kills ants on contact -
  • Kimberly P Port Arthur, TX
    What can you use in your yard that won't hurt your pets for the ant problem
  • Judy Cowen Durham, NC
    Windex!
  • Cindy McLaughlin Fernandina Beach, FL
    @Judy Cowen, please double check your label.Mine says to keep away from children and pets.
  • Mary Ridgely, MD
    Cinnamon for a dollar store works FANTASTIC !!!
  • Eileen Dallas Mesa, AZ
    I have tried everything. Since I have 2 dogs, I needed to do something "naturally". I sprayed the ant trail with vinegar. Most of the ants died and I wiped them away. Then, I sprinkled baby powder along the "trail". I found this solution on line and