6 Ways to Deal With Ants in the House

Do you have army of ants invading your house? Try these 6 tricks before using chemical poisons.

-Seal up holes and cracks

-Clean up in the kitchen

-Erase their chemical trails with soapy water

-Create a pepper barrier

-Create a scent barrier (they hate lavender)

-Feed them something (ants dies after eating coffee grounds)

• These little critters are sneaky, organized, and great at getting into a house.
  • Ants avoid lavender, if possible.
  • Ants leave invisible lines on the ground for buddies that need to be removed.
  • Ants die when they eat coffee grounds

To see more: http://blog.homespothq.com/2013/06/6-ways-to-deal-with-a-horrible-ant-problem-inside-your-home/

• Cheryl Crowe
    Cheryl Crowe Rudy, AR
    Make a mixture of powdered sugar and baking soda. Sprinkle where you see them. They will eat it and take it to the nest. The baking soda will kill them.
  • Donna
    donna Vancouver, WA
    I kept them out with spearamint, My dogs food was stored outside in large trash cans, I thru spearamint gum in it and the ants wents away and stayed aways
  • Chris J
    Chris J Grand Rapids, MI
    The coffee grounds don't work. I tried it for 2 weeks. The little monsters built their hills in the coffee grounds. Either that or they like Starbucks hazelnut espresso so much that they want to live in it. Next thing to try is cornmeal and then baby
  • Patricia Gardner
    Patricia Gardner Lewisburg, TN
    Hi, I may be too late for this, but years ago I saw an ant line coming on my kitchen counter next to the outside door. I put a teaspoon of sugar next to their line outside and they stopped for that sugar instead of coming in my kitchen.
  • Dawn Miller Emde
    We use grits. Just pour around problem areas and they take the grits back to the hill and eat them. Once they ingest any liquid, the grits swell and they die. Instant grits are fine.
HomeSpot HQ

Search Feedback