Upcycle Indoor Love Seat to Outdoor Couch

08.15.15
Finally got new couches, and decided to deconstruct our broken down old love seat (that we got for free) to create comfy outdoor seating
The humble beginnings. My goal was to spend as little money as possible on this.
Completely torn down to the bones. (cut the arms down, took off supports in the back, but forgot to take a picture of all of that)
Slats and arms put in, and primed! The slats were made of extra wood we had, and the arm rests were part of the original rounded arm rest. My DH reinforced the back with 2x4's for extra support.
Finished product. I used the cushions and the stuffing from the original couch, and had the fabric for the back and arm pillows. Total project cost...$40 (spray paint and seat cushions fabric.)
  • PainterNoni
    PainterNoni Black Diamond, WA
    This is too cool........it must have been a lot of work, but also a lot of fun taking it all apart. That would be reward enough itself...........but then to have such a great rebuild.How wonderful!
  • Teresa O'Rourke
    Teresa O'Rourke Tulsa, OK
    Fabulous!
  • 3 Elle Canny Creations
    3 Elle Canny Creations Charleston, WV
    I love this! Such a wonderful up cycle!
  • Sammokka
    sammokka Hanover, PA
    Good for you making such an updated piece to enjoy with your family. Looks really comfortable; all you need is some ice tea a great book and some relaxing music; of course with a sunset and a few candles.
  • Colleen
    Colleen Fargo, ND
    Great way to recycle an old couch. Nice work!
Nancy Eisenhart