Finally got new couches, and decided to deconstruct our broken down old love seat (that we got for free) to create comfy outdoor seating
The humble beginnings. My goal was to spend as little money as possible on this.
Completely torn down to the bones. (cut the arms down, took off supports in the back, but forgot to take a picture of all of that)
Slats and arms put in, and primed! The slats were made of extra wood we had, and the arm rests were part of the original rounded arm rest. My DH reinforced the back with 2x4's for extra support.
Finished product. I used the cushions and the stuffing from the original couch, and had the fabric for the back and arm pillows. Total project cost...$40 (spray paint and seat cushions fabric.)