Foxglove, an Easy Cottage Garden Flower

04.27.15
Foxgloves grow like weeds here, a great plant to give your garden height in the late Spring and early Summer. Very easy to grow from seed.
  • Foxgloves come in a variety of colors.
  • Striking combinations
  • Delicate pinks with a reverse ombre effect
  • One of my favorites, pink outside and a creamy yellow inside
  • A signature cottage look
  • So easy to grow you will be digging up the extras to give to your friends.

To see more: http://www.flowerpatchfarmhouse.com/ode-to-the-foxglove/

• Jean C
    Jean C Sacramento, CA
    DEADLY POISONOUS THIS plant is where they get Digitalas from.
  • Holly Faust
    Holly Faust Fort Myers, FL
    Thanks for the answer...glad you from fl ...its hard to know what the heck to plant down here. next question if I use the weed killer vinger/epson salt/ and dawn....will I be able to plant anything in that area....the landscapers have succeeded in
      Douglas Hunt New Smyrna Beach, FL
      Holly Faust I don't think that will affect the soil. I would be much more concerned if you were using regular salt.
  • Marie Campbell
    Marie Campbell Salem, OH
    I think I have lost my beautiful Foxglove plants. All three seem to have not survived the bad winter we had. I mulched but I still am not seeing any growth. I live in Ohio. Is anyone else experiencing this? Very sad. they were so pretty.
    • Pamela Groppe
      Pamela Groppe Arnold, CA
      Marie Campbell I am sorry to hear that. They are a biennial so last summer may have been their last year for the plants but typically they reseed readily. I must say mine are
  • Marie Campbell
    Marie Campbell Salem, OH
    Well I am not giving up the hope that some seeds took and will eventually come through the earth. Seasons here are much later than Ca. so there's still time left for growth. If not I will get more plants. I didn't know they were Biennial. Now, I did
  • Lana
    Lana Atlanta, GA
    oh beautiful I love Foxglove and Hollyhock!! I tried to grow from seed but without success I had to buy ready-made plants.
Pamela Groppe