Hometalk.com

Before & After 03.25.14

Bi Fold Doors Re-purposed to "Shutters" {Annie Sloan Chalk Paint}

I picked up a couple large bi fold doors awhile back at the thrift store and plans for them to be a partition in my shop. That didn't work out so I decided to paint them and use them as "shutters" on either side of my french doors in my family room. I painted them with a 2 part technique to make them look "weathered". The rest is on the blog post. (plus a sneak peek of what else I've been working on! ;) )
Difficulty: Easy

To see more: http://www.artsychicksrule.com/2013/06/repurposed-bi-fold-doors-duck-egg-blue-chalk-paint.html

15 Comments Displaying 15 of 15 comments
  • They look great Nancy!! I love that Duck Egg color, I just got some of that, can't wait to try it on a project!
  • Nancy @ ArtsyChicksRule Virginia Beach, VA
    Thanks Karen - The Graphics Fairy ! I know, I'm loving the Duck Egg....I even painted my kitchen island that color ! ;)
  • Alexandra Arena Forest Hills, NY
    I agree with Karen, Nancy! That color is so serene!
    Thanks Alexandra Arena! . It really is..and one of my favorites :)
  • Donna C Marietta, GA
    I have the same in my bedroom! Same color and all and I love them!
  • Cyndi Moore Tippett Rocky Mount, NC
    Where do you get your milk paint...live in small town...do you order it online?
    Oh that's so great Donna C ! :)
    Cyndi Moore Tippett for this project I used Latex and Chalk Paint. I have to order both online. You can look for retailers, you may have one close to you. For chalk paint, anniesloanunfolded.com and milk paint, missmustardseed.com
  • Cyndi Moore Tippett Rocky Mount, NC
    Nancy, Thank you, I will try the websites.
  • Angie Houston, TX
    I've been wanting to try this! So pretty!!
    Thank you Angie ! I actually have a smaller set I've just painted and am using in another room in a little different way.
  • Betty819 Silver Spring, MD
    In our previous home, two of the bedroom closets had the shutter type doors and they were a pain in you know where to paint.
  • Carolann Stroudsburg, PA
    I'm dying to try Annie Sloan Chalk paints...I guess I have to purchase them on amazon as I can't find a retailer anywhere near my location. Where do you get yours from? Love the shutters...awesome color!