Bi Fold Doors Re-purposed to "Shutters" {Annie Sloan Chalk Paint}

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
I picked up a couple large bi fold doors awhile back at the thrift store and plans for them to be a partition in my shop. That didn't work out so I decided to paint them and use them as "shutters" on either side of my french doors in my family room. I painted them with a 2 part technique to make them look "weathered". The rest is on the blog post. (plus a sneak peek of what else I've been working on! ;) )
Difficulty: Easy
  • Bi fold doors ---> turned into "shutters" for my family room french doors.
  • $5 bi fold doors from the thrift store--before
  • I used a 2 part process to create the weathered look I was after using Latex and Chalk Paint®.
  • "Weathered" shutter -- Latex as the first coat, Chalk Paint® as the second.
  • "Shutters" placed on either side of the french doors. Follow up pictures on the blog as the room comes together.

To see more:

• Angie
    Angie Houston, TX
    I've been wanting to try this! So pretty!!
  • Nancy @ ArtsyChicksRule
    Nancy @ ArtsyChicksRule Virginia Beach, VA
    Thank you Angie ! I actually have a smaller set I've just painted and am using in another room in a little different way.
  • Betty819
    Betty819 Silver Spring, MD
    In our previous home, two of the bedroom closets had the shutter type doors and they were a pain in you know where to paint.
  • Carolann
    Carolann Bethlehem, PA
    I'm dying to try Annie Sloan Chalk paints...I guess I have to purchase them on amazon as I can't find a retailer anywhere near my location. Where do you get yours from? Love the shutters...awesome color!
  • Diena Cameron
    Diena Cameron Kelseyville, CA
    Love the shutters AND your blue armoire ! Both very yummy :D did you also paint it ? Beautiful !
Nancy @ ArtsyChicksRule

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post