Mini Greenhouse from Old Storm Windows

home fixes 11.12.15

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
You can have a greenhouse ANYWHERE! This greenhouse will even fit on a balcony. It's built with scrap lumber and 3 same sized storm windows. I spent no money on this greenhouse - old storm windows, leftover lumber and hinges & latch from an old door I found. I used a pallet to set the greenhouse on to keep it up off the ground. Repurpose and reuse!
Time: 2 Days Cost: $0.00 Difficulty: Moderate
Framed with 2x4s. Plywood is used for the floor and back panel. The back panel has a gap on each side to allow for venting.
The roof of the greenhouse is another window. It can be removed or covered over with a piece of wood for the winter months.
Super cute & tiny, yet big enough to start seeds or grow a few pots of tomatoes.

To see more:

• Fred
    Fred San Diego, CA
    Really good idea and nicely done Anne.
  • Patricia Clark
    Patricia Clark Downey, CA
    Great idea! So pretty.
  • Toni Young
    Toni Young Portland, OR
    I have been wanting a greenhouse but don't want or have the $ to spend the $$$ they want for a kit but you gave me hope and inspiration!! Thank you so much. I keep telling my husband we could build one. I am so excited to start looking for old windows.
  • Lance irwin
    Lance irwin Sherman Oaks, CA
    That's awesome. Yours is so much cooler than mine!
  • Pat
    Pat Woodbridge, VA
    Awesome and beautiful. Wish I had you at my house for a time
Anne @ DesignDreams by Anne

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post