Hometalk.com

Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home
Awesome Remodels Yesterday

RustOleum Deck Restore(d) Our Deck!

About a month ago I used a new product called #RustOleum Deck Restore on my #deck. The beauty of this product is it's thick and fills in gaps, cracks, and embeds splinters. It made my old weathered deck look like new again, and it was way cheaper than #reboarding. For the first time in six years my wife and I let our little girls walk barefoot on the deck! RustOleum claims it'll be good for 12 years.
Time: 3 Days Cost: $450 Difficulty: Easy

To see more: http://www.oneprojectcloser.com/rust-oleum-deck-restore/

421 Comments Displaying 15 of 421 comments | See Previous
  • Dtjh
    We just finished our deck with the Restore 10X and it is now so hot in the Colorado summer that we can't walk on it in bare feet. They should be required to put this "side effect" on the product label. Customer service was absolutely no help! In fact
    This comment has been reported and is under admin review.
    This comment was hidden for violating Hometalk's guidelines.
    • Dtjh Same problem - this is the worst product I have ever used. Expensive - hard to put down and didn't even last a year. Just finished stripping and refinishing our decks after less thanb a year.
  • Katiesaurus Rex
    Katiesaurus Rex Bothell, WA
    If a person came to this page, saw the big photos and the headline -- and did not read all these many comments -- they'd mistakenly think it was a good product. Thank you, Ed, for at least trying to make sure folks are informed fully and see OTHER
  • Shawndus Gregory
    Shawndus Gregory West Helena, AR
    This is the worst product ever!! We bought this last year at Lowes and at first our deck looked great! Spent lots of $, time and sweat putting this down. By this winter, it was peeling. I just finished presser washing my deck (three days) and most of it
    • Gary Scott
      Gary Scott Rogers, AR
      Shawndus Gregory 1) Invest in a better decking material such as Trex or ChoiceDek. Not Cheap but our 9 year old deck still looks great despite having been cleaned 1 time. They are easy to
    • Shawndus Gregory Same problem - this is the worst product I have ever used. Expensive - hard to put down and didn't even last a year. Just finished stripping and refinishing our decks
  • Sue Richey
    Sue Richey Temecula, CA
    I just put this stuff on my concrete patio and it has big air bubbles. How do I get this off? I hate it. :(
  • Joburnsjo
    Joburnsjo Caledonia, NY
    We purchased 400.00 dollars of this junk spent hours of prep and applying it according to the directions and it is coming off in chunks on part of my deck and can't get it off with scraping would never buy rustolem product's ever again
  • Marion Nesbitt
    If replacing ..... Had pressure treated steps to my deck. Would no longer take stain. Replaced them with same, let them sit a year, washed them off, let dry and this time wiped on Tung oil. Deepened the colour a bit, but no more messing around with stain
  • Jerr
    Would make review zero if I could. Had my deck power washed and sanded professionally and then put restore on it. Put on in Aug 2013 and in Spring 2014 it started peeling off. After a rain you could see it bubble up and I could peel it up in pieces and
  • Meir
    The stuff is crap ... had it applied 11 months ago and its chipping, wearing, holding dirt from my dogs feet ... horrible product.
  • Ed Anderson
    Join the class action law suite...Stop being a victim of this Company.

They know their Product (Restore) is defective, yet they continue to sell it.

• DGH675
    DGH675 Los Angeles, CA
  • Sam
    Sam Snellville, GA
    Do Not purchase this product unless you enjoy scrapping off the layers that do not flake off. It is sad that a company as well known as Rust-oleum would do this to their customers. We peeled it off, then had it professionally pressure "washed" and now
    • Ed Anderson
      Do not attempt to sand or scrape Restore off your deck until you have all the facts.

Important Health Notice for those who have used any of the line of Rust-Oleum Restore products and are considering removing

Ethan@OPC

Stay updated on all the latest home and garden trends! It's free & easy and takes just a sec!