Hometalk.com

Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home
15 hours ago

RustOleum Deck Restore(d) Our Deck!

About a month ago I used a new product called #RustOleum Deck Restore on my #deck. The beauty of this product is it's thick and fills in gaps, cracks, and embeds splinters. It made my old weathered deck look like new again, and it was way cheaper than #reboarding. For the first time in six years my wife and I let our little girls walk barefoot on the deck! RustOleum claims it'll be good for 12 years.
Time: 3 Days Cost: $450 Difficulty: Easy

To see more: http://www.oneprojectcloser.com/rust-oleum-deck-restore/

430 Comments Displaying 17 of 430 comments | See Previous
  • Joburnsjo
    Joburnsjo Caledonia, NY
    We purchased 400.00 dollars of this junk spent hours of prep and applying it according to the directions and it is coming off in chunks on part of my deck and can't get it off with scraping would never buy rustolem product's ever again
    This comment has been reported and is under admin review.
    This comment was hidden for violating Hometalk's guidelines.
    • Sherrie
      Sherrie Joplin, MO
    • Sherrie
      Sherrie Joplin, MO
      I AM SOOOO GLAD I READ you alls info on this, I was going to go buy some for labor day weekend to do it to our deck...THANKS FOR THE INFO, I'll just get more stain and be just as happy..I thought it might be the answer to a wood deck...I bet Rustoleum is
  • Marion Nesbitt
    If replacing ..... Had pressure treated steps to my deck. Would no longer take stain. Replaced them with same, let them sit a year, washed them off, let dry and this time wiped on Tung oil. Deepened the colour a bit, but no more messing around with stain
  • Jerr
    Would make review zero if I could. Had my deck power washed and sanded professionally and then put restore on it. Put on in Aug 2013 and in Spring 2014 it started peeling off. After a rain you could see it bubble up and I could peel it up in pieces and
  • Meir
    The stuff is crap ... had it applied 11 months ago and its chipping, wearing, holding dirt from my dogs feet ... horrible product.
  • Ed Anderson
    Join the class action law suite...Stop being a victim of this Company.

They know their Product (Restore) is defective, yet they continue to sell it.

• Sam
    Sam Snellville, GA
    Do Not purchase this product unless you enjoy scrapping off the layers that do not flake off. It is sad that a company as well known as Rust-oleum would do this to their customers. We peeled it off, then had it professionally pressure "washed" and now
    • Ed Anderson
      Do not attempt to sand or scrape Restore off your deck until you have all the facts.

Important Health Notice for those who have used any of the line of Rust-Oleum Restore products and are considering removing

• Sam
    Sam Snellville, GA
    We purchased this product at Lowe's and they refunded us for one, 10 gallon bucket because we had that one receipt. Recently I found the other receipt for the 3 remaining 10 gallon buckets and some time has passed since the purchase (11/2013) and I was
  • Katiesaurus Rex
    Katiesaurus Rex Bothell, WA
    If Lowe's won't, ask Rust-Oleum to refund you. Never hurts to try!
  • Sue Ballou
    Rust o leum refunded my money - sent receipts to them. Kinda a pain - but I did not even try with Home Depot after 10 months.
  • SaintG
    SaintG Poughkeepsie, NY
    I have to agree with many of the above reviews. We are incredibly disappointed with this product!!! When I first heard about this product, it seemed awesome. We bought 6 large containers of this stuff and could not be happier when we used it. We applied
  • Jose
    Glad you like the product.... I doubt if you will in a few months when it all peels off like mine did. This product is junk.
  • Rand
    I found this product to be extremely hard to use. However, I was somewhat satisfied with my deck, completed 1 month ago. Then I decided to do my garage floor. I let it dry for 7 days before pulling one of my cars in. It just happened to be raining
  • Sue Ballou
    See pictures - what a difference a year makes (actually it looked this way back in May) - just awful. Lasts up to 10 years = NOT.
  • DGH675
    DGH675 Los Angeles, CA
    Rustoleum Restore class action http://www.consumerclassactionlawyers.com/ru...
Ethan@OPC

Join the home and garden knowledge hub. It's free & easy and only takes a second!