Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

RustOleum Deck Restore(d) Our Deck!

24 hours ago
About a month ago I used a new product called #RustOleum Deck Restore on my #deck. The beauty of this product is it's thick and fills in gaps, cracks, and embeds splinters. It made my old weathered deck look like new again, and it was way cheaper than #reboarding. For the first time in six years my wife and I let our little girls walk barefoot on the deck! RustOleum claims it'll be good for 12 years.
Time: 3 Days Cost: $450 Difficulty: Easy

To see more: http://www.oneprojectcloser.com/rust-oleum-deck-restore/

463 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 25 of 463 comments | See Previous
  • DGH675
    DGH675 Los Angeles, CA
    Rustoleum Restore class action http://www.consumerclassactionlawyers.com/ru...
  • Bernice H
    Bernice H Yakima, WA
    I have been following this thread for a long time. I still see it on end caps at Home Depot like ...nothing wrong here folks!!
  • David Abney II
    David Abney II Crofton, KY
    WoW. Thanks everyone for the posts I was fixing to do my deck in the restore, cause some one I know used it and thay loved the way it turned out, but his has not been on that long so I will wate and see what happens to his. Thanks to you all i won't
  • Cynthia
    Cynthia Marion, NC
    I see that this is a restore using the composite looking product...not the stain. I knew I did not want this product because they had samples at our Lowes and I could see that it made the wood look like concrete...did not want that! I have purchased
    • Carol Poole
      Carol Poole Minneapolis, MN
      Cynthia We used the stain for the railings and posts. That is holding up well with no problems. I really liked the stain in that it is thicker than most stains and covers
    • Ed Anderson
      Cynthia There are better quality stains out there for the deck flooring.
  • Ed Anderson
    There are better quality stains out there for the deck flooring.

Look for a good "penetrating" stain. Cabot, Wolman..etc..

• Edgar
    Edgar Alexandria, VA
    Victimized by restore product, so after power washing and scraping this stuff from my deck (what had not already peeled off) - see my previous post, have been looking for another product and used a Sherwin Williams product called Elastomeric. Much easier
  • John Hartnett
    John Hartnett Lutherville Timonium, MD
    Interesting reviews. I bought Restore at Home Depot and was advised that it could not be used on the railings so I acquired the Thomson's Waterseal and Stain. A clerk, my son and I compared the waterseal to the samples of Restore and found a close match.
    • Ed Anderson
      John Hartnett Be careful if you sand Restore. It is made up of over 60% Crystalline Silica ( a known carcinogenic). Even with a respirator it is dangerous.
  • Katiesaurus Rex
    Katiesaurus Rex Bothell, WA
    And It's horrible to remove. The parts that don't stick come up very easily but the few parts that do stick don't want to be removed without sanding, and as Ed said, it's very dangerous. Google "OSHA" and "crystalline silica". If your deck is older, it
    • Pamela Burnett-Apple
      Im a lowes paint associate and DO NOT HAVE any vested interest in selling you crap. Im honest with my customers, am a bit offended. Not all of us are dishonest.
    • Ed Anderson
      Pamela Burnett-Apple Maybe you're not a "big box" know nothing crap seller, but most of your fellow workers are.
  • Colleen Harman
    Colleen Harman Halifax, PA
    Does anyone know if you can you paint over the Rustoleum Deck Restore? The color of the finished product is not as shown on the sample and we would like to paint over it with exterior paint. Any comments are appreciated. Thanks.
    • John Hartnett
      John Hartnett Lutherville Timonium, MD
      Leigh Shaull Glad to hear this. It has only been 3 months since we first painstakingly applied Restore and already it has started to peel away and chip.
  • Marion Nesbitt
    I would never buy this product after reading the comments. There are other viable products to use.
  • Leigh Shaull
    The biggest problem I see with most people here honestly, is that they purchased from Home Depot or Lowe's. Most people from these stores aren't trained in all products. A person who makes keys can be swapped to the paint department one day. I work at a
    • Leigh Shaull
      First, I am not saying all customers are wrong. Back to my original point, people mostly purchased at stores where employees knew nothing about the product. Get that straight. I personally helped a customer get a refund because 200 sq ft of his 3000 sq
  • Buyer Becareful
    Buyer Becareful Orting, WA
    Restore is full of millions of tiny little holes. It allows water to sit on your wood decks. When water sits on wood it will destroy it.
  • Terry
    Terry Battle Ground, WA
    I would not recommend this product to anyone. First off, I followed the recommended prep. I thoroughly sanded the deck. I replaced boards that needed replacing do to weathering and dry rot. I wanted to extend the life of the deck and make it look good.
    • Ed Anderson
      Terry You are not alone. Despite what others on this board will tell you, no matter how thoroughly you preped your deck, or where you purchased the product, Restore will fail to
  • Angela Rhiannon Davis
    I want to paint the floor of my basement with this. Is that a horrible idea? I'm making a workshop that will have water splashed around.
    • Ed Anderson
      Angela Rhiannon Davis Yes, that is a very bad idea.
  • John Gilmore
    John Gilmore Noblesville, IN
    This is a terrible product. I hired a professional painter recommended by Lowes to apply. It's peeling off in pieces the size of my hand in many places.
Ethan@OPC

Posts You May Like

Continue browsing