Hometalk.com

4 hours ago

RustOleum Deck Restore(d) Our Deck!

About a month ago I used a new product called #RustOleum Deck Restore on my #deck. The beauty of this product is it's thick and fills in gaps, cracks, and embeds splinters. It made my old weathered deck look like new again, and it was way cheaper than #reboarding. For the first time in six years my wife and I let our little girls walk barefoot on the deck! RustOleum claims it'll be good for 12 years.
Time: 3 Days Cost: $450 Difficulty: Easy

To see more: http://www.oneprojectcloser.com/rust-oleum-deck-restore/

244 Comments Displaying 16 of 244 comments | See Previous
  • I am now also in the process of taking off this god awful product. I put it on as directed last summer. I watched the video as well as reading the instructions. I did everything as directed. I complained to Rustoleum and all they could say was that
    • Carmen Bohn Billings, MT
      Ryje I am in the same boat..... I am so frustrated. How are you taking it off,, and what are you planing to use next?
    • Laura Clark Lebanon, CT
      Carmen Bohn my deck also peeled and flaked. I used a pressure washer and got the rest off. I am thinking of trying Deck Over, which I was going to use originally but was talked into Restore,
  • Mary M Spencer, TN
    I applied the Restore last year around the end of July. I cleaned our deck just as they specified and made sure there was no dirt, grime or anything on the deck before applying, still this crap came up in sheets and cracked. I have been sweeping for days
  • Amy Sears New Hartford, NY
    Had this professionally applied in July 2013. FF to April 2014, it's peeling off in sheets, bubbled & chipped. Should've saved the money & bought composite!!
  • Jeanne Gastonia, NC
    Thanks Carmen! I will try the putty knife. My husband got some off with a blower, but it makes such a mess on the ground around the deck. Oh well, we live and we learn:/
  • Nightfire70 Libertyville, IL
    We used the restore extreme product on a garage floor, within three weeks after applying the product it starting flaking off in some places. We followed all the directions to the T and to no avail it came off. This product is garbage and should be pulled
  • Laura Clark Lebanon, CT
    I have just finished power washing my deck after the Restore I applied peeled and flaked. I am now considering using Deck Over which I was going to use originally. Does anyone have any experience with Deck Over?
  • Anyone tried interlocking deck tiles over an existing older deck?
  • I manage an Ace Hardware store on the Northern Neck of Virginia and we have sold hundreds of buckets of this stuff...Before Rustoleum bought the company it was a rock solid performer for us..even have it on the front deck of our store which sees
  • I am so disgusted, now how am I going to get this stuff off, it is peeling everywhere. We applied it last fall and fenced off the deck and have never walked on it for almost eight months, it has peeled off from the rain and snow. I used all of the
  • Jim Palladino Cortlandt Manor, NY
    Hi I am in the same boat as a lot of the people that posted here. I purchased approximately 12 gallons of this stuff.. followed all the directions , power washed and scrubbed the deck boards, labored for 2 weeks applying this stuff and ended up with the
  • Laura Clark Lebanon, CT
    yes Sandy I did use a pressure washer, it came of fairly easy. It was dry and crumbly when I started.
  • Edgar Alexandria, VA
    Wow, sure wish I had seen these posts before I completed my deck project! Would have saved time and money. I thought that I had incorrectly applied the product, but am relieved that misery loves company. Pictures show where deck restore peeled away