RustOleum Deck Restore(d) Our Deck!

For the Garden 11 hours ago
About a month ago I used a new product called #RustOleum Deck Restore on my #deck. The beauty of this product is it's thick and fills in gaps, cracks, and embeds splinters. It made my old weathered deck look like new again, and it was way cheaper than #reboarding. For the first time in six years my wife and I let our little girls walk barefoot on the deck! RustOleum claims it'll be good for 12 years.
Time: 3 Days Cost: $450 Difficulty: Easy

To see more: http://www.oneprojectcloser.com/rust-oleum-deck-restore/

• Keith Huff
    Keith Huff Bolingbrook, IL
    Wow! I do all my projects according to the instructions.....to the T! Unbelievable how horrible this product is. Does anyone know of a class action suit filed about this product. If not, the there should be.
  • Toyfox
    I was totally refunded last year for my project but by the time I got the product off the deck I had to let it sit all winter without stain on it.
    • Toyfox
      Sue Ours way so bad most of it scrapped off. My husband worked on it everyday for the entire summer. Some of it is still on. Really it is a mess.
  • Deborah Sexton
    Deborah Sexton Lincoln, NE
    Do not use this product it destroyed our deck.
  • Laura Clark
    Laura Clark Lebanon, CT
    found that product not good for colder climates. If used and product peeled or lifted, write to company and have pics of proof.
  • Tracy
    Tracy Trenton, MI
    We live in MI and my parents have a place Up North where it's at least 10 degrees colder that in the metro detroit area we live in. They used this product 4 years ago and it still looks fantastic today. I do believe its all in how its applied. If all
    • Teliesa58
      teliesa58 Hamilton, OH
      Tracy Not true, I spent most of my summer sanding and prepping my deck. I was told it's my fault because I didn't use a stripper on my virgin deck. They said it must have been the
  • Calvin Kortman
    As well I used the product last year late summer 2014.. here it is spring of 2015 and its peeling and coming off.. I took the necessary precautions when applying it but still it looks like crap now will never buy the product again or recommend it to any
    • John Hartnett
      John Hartnett Lutherville Timonium, MD
      Calvin Kortman Class action suit vs Rustoleum for this product Restore in the state of Illinois for anyone who purchased product in the U.S. Law firm is Lite DePalma and Greenberg 312-750-1592
    • Holli Smithson
      Holli Smithson Tipton, IN
      Calvin Kortman

That's exactly how our deck looks! It's awful! What a waste of time and money!

• Don Gibson
    Don Gibson Columbia, MO
    Class action suit vs Rustoleum for this product Restore in the state of Illinois for anyone who purchased product in the U.S. Law firm is Lite DePalma and Greenberg 312-750-1592
  • H
    H Nashville, TN
    Rustoleum WAS on our deck. It started peeling just months after applying it. Right now I have a trash can full of Restoleum restore. Makes me angry. It is awful. Should be removed from stores and quite frankly they should be out here cleaning my deck and
    • Ed Anderson
      John Hartnett According to Tracy (see her comments above) You and about several thousand other Restore victims just did not apply it correctly and took "short cuts" with your
  • Brenda Nielsen
    Brenda Nielsen Oxford, AL
    We did ours 2 or 3 years ago and we still love it.
  • Jpr75
    jpr75 Lockport, IL
    I'm having the same issues with our deck. I called the Rustoleum Support line and filed a claim. They were helpful so far, but fankly we'll have to see what they offer to fix the problem. My entire deck is trashed and needs to be replaced.
    • RICouple
      RICouple Rock Island, IL
      Jpr75 Hi jpr75, We are about a month ahead of you in dealing with the same problems. We used the X10 on 800sf of deck and they were polite enough to buy us out of the product. We got a
  • Trevor Smith
    Trevor Smith Lehi, UT
    This comment is under admin review
    This comment has been reported and is under admin review.
  • Gail3681
    This's product has a major flaw! Every footprint and dog paw print is THERETO STAY, I called Rustoleum and they seemed mot so surprised. They told me to purchase the cleaner for it, I did, followed instructions......dirt spots, stains from bugs and
  • Marion Nesbitt
    As a sidenote to Rustoleum products ....... we used to get Tremclad which I used for my iron railings. Think they were bought out by Rustoleum. Not impressed with Rustoleum's metal spray either.
  • RICouple
    RICouple Rock Island, IL
    Last fall when the temperatures were right and after the deck was prepped right, we put down the X10 Rustoleum and it looked great! In March after the snow and ice cleared from the deck I thought it would be time to get the leaves off the deck and get it
    • Ed Anderson
      RICouple Where did you buy the Restore? If it was one of the "Big Box" stores like Home Depot or Lowe's, they will have a copy of the receipts. Do not take "No" for an answer.
  • RICouple
    RICouple Rock Island, IL
    Ed Anderson Thanks for that information Ed. I'm going to be calling and dealing with both HomeDepot and Lowes for that today. It's good to know that they can do that.
Ethan@OPC