RustOleum Deck Restore(d) Our Deck!

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
About a month ago I used a new product called #RustOleum Deck Restore on my #deck. The beauty of this product is it's thick and fills in gaps, cracks, and embeds splinters. It made my old weathered deck look like new again, and it was way cheaper than #reboarding. For the first time in six years my wife and I let our little girls walk barefoot on the deck! RustOleum claims it'll be good for 12 years.
Time: 3 Days Cost: $450 Difficulty: Easy
  • We covered all the horizontal surfaces on our deck, and it required 4, 4-gallon buckets.
  • You can back-brush the second coat for a smoother texture.
  • The deck almost looks like composite now. Rust-Oleum has lots of different colors to choose from, and we selected "Saddle".
  • Deck Restore is applied with a specialized, honeycomb roller.
  • You can see how old, splintered, and beat-up the old deck looked.

To see more:

• Mary
    Mary Jonesboro, AR
    Where would I find Rustoleum Deck Restore and does it come in white...
  • Mary
    Mary Jonesboro, AR
    I want to restore my deck but not rebuild it, just fill in those gaps and cracks of and old deck wood to give it a better look, what would the cost be...
  • Angie Wheeler
    Angie Wheeler Belmont, NC
    does anyone know how to get the restore off your deck boards?
    • Carol Poole
      Carol Poole Minneapolis, MN
      Angie Wheeler We successfully removed it from our deck using a power washer. It is easier to do it when it is hot outside because the Restore, as you now know, bubbles up and degrades in warm weather. I do not recommend sanding,
  • Jerryserfass
    We noticed that when i gets wet it tends to lift from deck. So we wet it down, let it sit and then power washed. Some spots had to be scraped.
    DORLIS Silex, MO
    A sander would most likely get clogged up and you would use a LOT of sandpaper. I agree using a power washer, just regular paint comes up easier with a washer. These decision makers at these companies should be shot. It is obvious they did not test it

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post