Hometalk.com

06.18.13

Neighbors vines

The neighbors son cut all the trees down between our yards. He never cleaned it up which left the area to mulch and not be cleaned up in the last few years. Now, the wild grape vines (not pictured) and other things are out of control. The tendrils are sliding over the fence like something from the movie Jumanaji killing everything it can strangle on my side of the fence. So much for the evergreen hedge I started so I don't have to look at it. I chop and push it back but it just keeps coming back to my side. Any ideas on what to do to get to stop coming to my yard without cleaning up their yard (again) for them
6 Comments Displaying 6 of 6 comments
  • Jody D check with your municipal bi-laws. Some communities make provisions for problems from a neighbour's yard. When it is such an invasive plant and the neighbour doesn't take care of it,
  • Jody D Fort Edward, NY
    Thanks Gail~~this yard has been "turned in" by other neighbors to no avail
  • Douglas Hunt New Smyrna Beach, FL
    Anything effective is probably going to kill the vine on the other side of the fence as well. You'll have to decide if you want to go down that road.
  • Jody D Fort Edward, NY
    We don't want the vines on our side, and they don't seem to care what grows on their side. My ONLY concern is my evergreen hedge, the black walnut and a few maples that are on their side. Though I do think if I got them to clean it up those would be
  • Jody D well if no one cares, perhaps time to get the roundup out! That should take care of it. I have a neighbour that does not get rid of their invasive plants either. To keep it out of our
  • Jody D Fort Edward, NY
    Thanks for all the responses......guess round up it is
  • Like

Lynne