Hometalk.com

Yesterday

Does Wet & Forget work?

I recently used Wet & Forget on some wood siding and haven't seen results, yet. I sprayed it on the house about a month ago and wanted to see if I should give it more time or do a second spraying. Thanks for your help. BTW, based on everyone's response I wanted to post before & after pics either here or on my sight (www.homerepairtutor.com).
41 Comments Displaying 15 of 41 comments | See Previous
  • June Cape Coral, FL
    Does this have a money back guarantee? Don't see any results after application.
  • TJ Andover, MN
    thanks for posting this. I heard about this stuff and wondered what and how it did. The commercials I heard do say that it takes time. We have cedar siding with brick facing about 4 ft up. Is it really expensive? I haven't seen it in the stores.
  • Teresa B. Chicago, IL
    Hi June! Yes, Wet & Forget does remove the stains. So no need to use bleach! Any further questions please let us know!
  • Crewdog Dalzell, SC
    I have used this product on cleaning cemetery gravestones, which are very tough to clean, and found that it works. It takes time, however -- a month or longer. This may be the "holy grail" product we have been looking for!
    • Wet & Forget Downers Grove, IL
      Crewdog Great to hear! If you have any before and after photos I'm sure we would all love to see them.
    • Home Repair Tutor Pittsburgh, PA
      Crewdog thanks for your feedback on W & F. I can only imagine how hard grave stones are to clean. So it's awesome you have this as an option
  • Mike Horrocks Charleston, SC
    I tried W&F and am very satisfied. I live in Charleston, SC and next to woods. I get a lot of mold on the north side of my vinyl siding and this year (4 year old house) I got mold on the south side toward the woods. I tried a popular siding cleaner
  • Laura D Dacula, GA
    I have used it on my windsor rock retaining wall and it works beautifully. Takes all of the black stains out, it is on the north side of the house. I have also used it on a natural rock retaining wall and also worked beautifully. Works on siding on house
  • Will it work on PVC fencing? We live in Florida, the white is slowly turning to green!
    • Wet & Forget Downers Grove, IL
      Married, Retired, Live In Fla, Absolutely! Spray your PVC fence with Wet & Forget and leave it to the rain. You'll start seeing the green disappear after a day or two, then after
  • Recent bought some for the first time for vinyl siding mildew. Followed the directions (5 to 1 water to solution ratio), and sprayed the north side of my house. The next day I checked to see if I had wasted my money. I was surprised to see all the mildew
  • I live in so fl in HOA. Must keep roof clean..tried this product (purchased from Costco) eight months ago..roof is spotless and I just had it reapplied. Normally, I have to have roof pressure washed at least every ten months. Now have sprayed two
  • Polly Zieper Fort Lauderdale, FL
    What's the advantage over bleach?I usually use a bleach/ water mixture. Is this product better for the environment?
    • Wet & Forget Downers Grove, IL
      Polly Zieper Wet & Forget is EPA registered, non-caustic, non-acidic, with a pH level of 8 so it can be used to clean any exterior surface without causing any harm. Bleach has a pH level of
  • Polly Zieper Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Thank you,I've never thought of using anything other than bleach, since I always have it in the house.
  • Likes

Colleen Oestreicher Maggie Nicole L Rmd2 Naha Alice Sherry DeYoung White Nora Pat Lence Patricia TJ