This is a photo of the recent boiler Combi unit I installed.

cool stuff ! 08.24.14
This boiler makes both heat for two zones of baseboard and 0ne zone of radiant heat for the house. And makes the domestic hot water for two and one half baths. Cost? $8 grand. Took two days to remove old cast iron boiler and hot water heater, mount on wall, pipe and bleed out the air. Client loves it. Cannot hear it run, is 98% efficient and is warranted for 10 years. Only draw back is they must install a water softener system as the hard water will calcify to quick in the heater area and lower its ability to heat the water in an efficient manner.
  • NTI Combi boiler. Top of the line. Takes up a lot of wall space to install properly. Boiler heat exchanger is only as around as a five gallon bucket and deep as about one half the height of that same bucket. 110 lbs total.
  • Woodbridge Environmental Tiptophouse.com
    Could not add much more then that. The only thing I did learn about was the sausage type rod. Not seen or ever heard about them. But great idea as there is normally not enough height above to change out the rod in most basements of older homes.
  • Home Repair Tutor
    Home Repair Tutor Pittsburgh, PA
    I don't think we have enough room to change the rod without having to cut it. I would have to use the sausage link rod. The TOH video was interesting because he really have to crank on the old rod to loosen it. And that tank didn't even look bad!
    Its not uncommon to see those screwed on tight. One must remember however, if you have a really old heater, the metal jacket may be weak and the result can be damaging the top to a point that you will need to replace the heater anyway. So be prepared to
  • Home Repair Tutor
    Home Repair Tutor Pittsburgh, PA
    Good tip on possibly having to replace the heater. If I have to really crank on it I might just call it a day and wait for the tank to just go bad.
  • Ruth James
    Ruth James Montesano, WA
    I am trying to replace my boiler at the moment. My husband and I have had no luck understanding different tutorials we have found online. Do you think we should just cut our losses and call a repairman? We have probably done a little damage.
Woodbridge Environmental Tiptophouse.com