Hometalk.com

Awesome Remodels 02.08.14

Decorative Wall Treatments

27 Comments Displaying 15 of 27 comments | See Previous
  • Anita Roll Murals Alpharetta, GA
    Okay here goes... Sand the wood if necessary before applying to the wall. My first step was brushing on a wash of grey paint which I mixed up into a bucket. I had rags ready to catch drips and actually rub into the wood to cover the raw wood but allow
  • Anita Roll Murals Alpharetta, GA
    Thank you all for the comments. I'm happy to share what I have picked up after 17 years of traveling and painting for Beazer Homes. I learned mostly by experimenting under tight deadlines and just going for it. A little like being shot out of a cannon
  • Anita Roll Murals Alpharetta, GA
    Yes Janet it would work on your wainscotting.
  • Anita Roll Murals Alpharetta, GA
    Heidi hang in there! Maybe you need to bring someone in to help you get a fresh perspective?
  • Vicki T Casper, WY
    Argyle and Damask! Wow all are great but those two were my faves....wow.
  • Becky H Tampa, FL
    Wonderful finished products!! How did you end up making a career out of wall art? When did you know this is what you wanted to do?
  • Kelly S Bremerton, WA
    Loved the wood and the chandaliers. Awsome!
  • Bonnie B Shingle Springs, CA
    Very bold, very unique, very interesting ~ ! Such creative statements ~ !
  • Connie K Kennesaw, GA
    Anita, I absolutely love the wall finish behind the chandeliers! Is it a metallic? I'd love to know what you used to get that look or should I say "what all you used" because this certainly isn't a one step finish.
  • Anita Roll Murals Alpharetta, GA
    Connie this wall was painted in Texas where they are known for using orange peel textured walls and that texture added it's own element to the faux finish. The natural texture of the wall grabbed the paint as I first dragged down the blue undercoat and
  • Connie K Kennesaw, GA
    Thanks for your reply, Anita. I'm familiar with the orange peel walls. Their texture can be a pro or con depending upon what you are trying to accomplish and it certainly was an advantage in this case. Thanks to your info I may have to try out some
  • Anita Roll Murals Alpharetta, GA
    Thank you Connie! I hope you try it out.
  • Karianne R Woodsville, NH
    These are absolutely fantastic!
  • Anita Roll Murals Alpharetta, GA
    Thank you Karianne!
  • Ana Maria L Tustin, CA
    I feel totally inspired with you style...outstanding job.