Hometalk.com

Repurposed Vintage Toolbox

I've taken an old, rusty toolbox with chipped paint and turned it into a piece that can be used for display or as a box to hold things. The toolbox was painted with mustard yellow chalk paint, distressed and antiqued. A hand painted design was also painted the whole way around the toolbox. Vintage book pages were decoupaged inside the box. The piece still looks old, but looks fresh and updated. There are many more pictures and a detailed description on my blog, so have a look!

To see more: http://andersonandgrant.blogspot.com/2013/06/a-repurposed-toolbox.html

7 Comments Displaying 7 of 7 comments
  • Miriam I New York, NY
    It looks great! I like how you used the book pages inside. Nice touch!
  • LOVE this!
  • Alexandra Arena Forest Hills, NY
    Cute!
  • Andrea R Gerald, MO
    I thought I thought of everything to re-do old things,but this is yet another way of getting use of an old toolbox. My father is gone now,but there are several old toolboxes of his,that i didn't really think to use as they are,but now you've inspired me
  • Lory Keller Minot, ND
    Absolutely love this idea! I even have a crusty toolbox to make one myself. No blog yet, but I've shared to my FB page, UPCycle! Furniture :)
  • April Lawrenceville, GA
    Very shabby chic! I like the slightly worn look of this and the buttery yellow. Thanks for sharing! :)
  • Julie Moyna Santa Clarita, CA
    Thank you thank you thank you! I have such a collection and opening my shop and this is just what I needed to inspire me!!!