Repurposed Vintage Toolbox

painted assories 10.28.14

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
I've taken an old, rusty toolbox with chipped paint and turned it into a piece that can be used for display or as a box to hold things. The toolbox was painted with mustard yellow chalk paint, distressed and antiqued. A hand painted design was also painted the whole way around the toolbox. Vintage book pages were decoupaged inside the box. The piece still looks old, but looks fresh and updated. There are many more pictures and a detailed description on my blog, so have a look!

To see more:

• Julie Moyna
    Julie Moyna Santa Clarita, CA
    Thank you thank you thank you! I have such a collection and opening my shop and this is just what I needed to inspire me!!!
  • April
    April Lawrenceville, GA
    Very shabby chic! I like the slightly worn look of this and the buttery yellow. Thanks for sharing! :)

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post