Patchwork Wall | Hometalk
30K Views

Patchwork Wall

Decor ideas - art - wall - on May 24, 2016
30K Views
We have a lot of people ask us about our 'scrap paper wall' in our home. It was a fun and easy project–and only took one evening. Over time I had collected all kinds of paper–wrapping paper, paper bags, old maps, etc. This is a fun way to use them. You really can't go wrong–you can have a particular color scheme if you wish, or–like us–just use all kinds of paper at once. I think I'm going to do another wall in all Nancy Drew book pages because I want a more neutral palette in another area-I'll let you know how that project goes!
HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED:
~ Mod Podge
~ Foam brushes
~ exacto knife
~ small brayer
~ a flat service/device like an old credit card to smooth out paper
~ various scrap paper
DIRECTIONS:
Make sure your wall is clean–no need to sand, just make sure it is clean.
I cut my paper with scissors–different shapes and sized. Another fun option would be to tear it.
Begin at the top or a corner of the wall that you will be patchworking. Paint
Time: 4 Hours Difficulty: Easy
We used random papers that we already had around the house to cover one of the walls in our entry area.
We used paper bags, wrapping papers, stationery, scraps from other projects, etc….as great 'wallpaper'!

To see more: http://cottageintheoaks.com/2011/04/26/patchwork-wall/

• Marilyn
    Marilyn Falkville, AL

I have been thinking of doing the same with material on 1 wall in my craft/sewing room. I was going to try using starch to put it on the wall. You have convinced me to do it. Love it & Thanks.

• Me Myself & DIY
    Me Myself & DIY Philadelphia, PA

Love this, clipping to board for share!!

• Lis Boriss

I LOVE this idea. I plan on building one of those tiny-house-on-wheels at some point in the next few years, and this would not only look amazing on an accent wall, but it would also be a great way to use up a lot of the fancy scrapbook paper I

• Andrea
    Andrea John Day, OR

great idea....wonder if this would work in a bathroom?

• Sheryll S
    Sheryll S Jacksonville, FL

Love your wall.

­