Free plants from cuttings

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
Here is a tutorial of how I start plants like roses and lilacs from cuttings. It is simple and easy and I have had great results.
  • Pamela G
    Pamela G Arnold, CA
    Thanks for adding that, I should've mentioned I only start the old varieties that are not longer patented. You can't normally find these in any nursery, only old farmsteads or older neighborhoods. They have stood the test of time.
    Douglas Hunt New Smyrna Beach, FL
    Cuttings are a great way to keep plants going.
  • Pat S
    Pat S Greenfield, MA
    Thanks for the tutorial~I do the same thing with butterfly bushes.
  • Pamela G
    Pamela G Arnold, CA
    I have started Butterfly Bushes from seed but I have not tried by cuttings. I will have to do that now and see, I have a lovely one out front to cut from.
  • Danny Anderson
    Danny Anderson Healdton, OK
    if you buy a plant and then chosen to give away a cutting (not sell it) then that is not illegal. when u buy it it is yours to throw away , keep , throw away or what ever you want, as long as u do not try and sell cuttings is what the local Dept of
Pamela G

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post