Hometalk.com

cool ideas 2 days ago

How to Make Lavender Linen Spray

Lavender Linen Spray costs anywhere from $12 to $20 per bottle, but you can make it in your own kitchen for much less! Water, dried lavender buds, vodka (yes, vodka!) and lavender essential oil come together to make a wonderfully fragrant spray that's not too overwhelming. Use it when ironing clothes, spray it on your pillow to help you sleep, or even spray it on furniture. The recipe for this very easy-to-make lavender spray is on my blog.

#MyFavoriteThings

To see more: http://www.town-n-country-living.com/how-to-make-lavender-linen-spray.html

18 Comments Displaying 15 of 18 comments | See Previous
  • Dorothy D Horseheads, NY
    Thanks
  • Sherrie Nixa, MO
    I love This! I love the smell
  • Art is beauty Jenison, MI
    perfect! I love this smell! I can't wait to try it!
  • Miriam I New York, NY
    Great tip, Jennifer!
  • Wow great tips shared to give fresh smell to our living space. Home made way is good since no duplicate essence to be used & also its a better way to save some cash.
  • Eileen S Evans City, PA
    Grow many lavender plants, make lavender vinegar & just love the fragrance. Thank you for the post.
  • Carol G Clermont, FL
    I would love this! Where can I buy the French Lavender Oil?
  • Harlee Jenkins Charlotte, NC
    I've been making this type of spray for 35+ years and one word of CAUTION to this recipe: IF you are going to use it on clothes when ironing, even on sheets, do a 'test' on light colors...esp on whites or linens, as the brown color from the steeped
  • Liza Cary, NC
    Seems to me this would stain, perhaps using Lavender Essential Oil would be a better choice.
  • Deborah Durham Peekskill, NY
    wonderful!!!
  • Carol G Clermont, FL
    Thanks! Sometimes buying online is a lot easier than going store to store.
  • Dawn Dyar Arab, AL
    I have a HUGE Lavendar plant in my yard, just moved here in May. I've been wondering if I can use it to make my own "stuff." I'm thinking I should be able to dry my own buds? Got to explore this more... Also have Rosemary, don't have a clue. lol