Something is eating my collard, cabbage and pepper leaves. Any idea what it is and how I can stop it?

04.24.15
My dad, who is doing the gardening, has resorted to putting some type of white power on them. So that is what you see in the photo. I am not sure of the name at present.
  • Cathy Rodriguez
    Cathy Rodriguez Lansing, MI
    You are the one that said it takes truck loads, and it does not, and it is not apples and oranges. I would not use it any where near soil I wanted to continue to grow in. That is my choice, as it is yours. The weeds were all kinds, crab grass, prickers,
  • Sherrie
    Sherrie Nixa, MO
    I use to be all chemicals because I worked so hard on my garden. Now I have learned many things. One thing I do is rotate my garden every year. This really helps. Then I get up early and pick off the worms and brush off the leaves. I only use natural bug
  • Kathleen
    Kathleen Lansdale, PA
    This is a greatposting, and last summer my Cabbage and Collards looked just like these pix-ugh. Glad to see what it is and solutions. Thank you !
  • Cindy tustin
    Cindy tustin Arcadia, KS
    WE have always used wood ash on cabbage I am 66 yrs old and learned this from my grandmother. I lightly mist the plants and sprinkle wood ash on them. Realize everyone doesn't have access to ash. Maybe you know someone that has a fireplace I sift the ash
  • Cindy woosley
    Cindy woosley Wichita, KS
    Use dish soap. Look on line. They have lots of different recipe for natural bug killers for the garden
LaTrelle F

Search Feedback