Hometalk.com

Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

Hoosier Cabinet Turned Outdoor Kitchen Island

When I came across the bottom of an old Hoosier cabinet by the dumpster one day, I just had to stop and pick it up! At the time, I had no idea what I was going to do with it, but eventually decided it would make a great outdoor kitchen island! I reattached the porcelain top and painted it using Annie Sloan's Primer Red. I added hooks for grilling tools and a hand towel. The cabinet is now a great place to store charcoal, lighter fluid and grilling tools. Plus, it really adds more to our patio, which happens to be one of our favorite places to be! #OutdoorEntertaining

To see more: http://www.therusticpig.com/2013/06/28/hoosier-cabinet-turned-outdoor-kitchen-island/

5 Comments Displaying 5 of 5 comments
  • Alexandra Arena
    Alexandra Arena Forest Hills, NY
    Cute project, Claire! Great revival job!
    This comment has been reported and is under admin review.
    This comment was hidden for violating Hometalk's guidelines.
  • Claire @ The Rustic Pig
    Claire @ The Rustic Pig Spring Branch, TX
    Thanks Alexandra Arena! :)
  • Lisa@ Sweet Tea N' Salty Air
    Looks beautiful, great job!
  • Sarah @ {Home-ology} modern vintage
    i was just "gifted" a hoosier-styled cabinet this very afternoon (it's still sitting in my truck)! i'm leaning towards using it as a garden bench, but haven't yet decided. this idea is definitely going on the list of potentials! great job!
  • Carol Tomlin
    Carol Tomlin Spencer, MA
    Nice job !
Claire @ The Rustic Pig
  • Likes

Pam Kimberly Amanda Barton Lumen Sylvia Sharonhenager@yahoo.com Yvonne Moore Kathy Lynne Amy Ellis @ StowandTellU

Join the home and garden knowledge hub. It's free & easy and only takes a second!