Hometalk.com

furniture rehabs 03.24.14

Hoosier Cabinet Turned Outdoor Kitchen Island

When I came across the bottom of an old Hoosier cabinet by the dumpster one day, I just had to stop and pick it up! At the time, I had no idea what I was going to do with it, but eventually decided it would make a great outdoor kitchen island! I reattached the porcelain top and painted it using Annie Sloan's Primer Red. I added hooks for grilling tools and a hand towel. The cabinet is now a great place to store charcoal, lighter fluid and grilling tools. Plus, it really adds more to our patio, which happens to be one of our favorite places to be! #OutdoorEntertaining

To see more: http://www.therusticpig.com/2013/06/28/hoosier-cabinet-turned-outdoor-kitchen-island/

4 Comments Displaying 4 of 4 comments
  • Alexandra Arena Forest Hills, NY
    Cute project, Claire! Great revival job!
  • Claire @ The Rustic Pig Spring Branch, TX
    Thanks Alexandra Arena! :)
  • Looks beautiful, great job!
  • i was just "gifted" a hoosier-styled cabinet this very afternoon (it's still sitting in my truck)! i'm leaning towards using it as a garden bench, but haven't yet decided. this idea is definitely going on the list of potentials! great job!
  • Likes

Amanda Barton Lumen Sylvia Sharonhenager@yahoo.com Kathy Lynne Amy Ellis @ StowandTellU