Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

Hoosier Cabinet Turned Outdoor Kitchen Island

Decor Ideas 01.14.15
When I came across the bottom of an old Hoosier cabinet by the dumpster one day, I just had to stop and pick it up! At the time, I had no idea what I was going to do with it, but eventually decided it would make a great outdoor kitchen island! I reattached the porcelain top and painted it using Annie Sloan's Primer Red. I added hooks for grilling tools and a hand towel. The cabinet is now a great place to store charcoal, lighter fluid and grilling tools. Plus, it really adds more to our patio, which happens to be one of our favorite places to be! #OutdoorEntertaining

To see more: http://www.therusticpig.com/2013/06/28/hoosier-cabinet-turned-outdoor-kitchen-island/

7 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 7 of 7 comments
  • Alexandra Arena
    Alexandra Arena Forest Hills, NY
    Cute project, Claire! Great revival job!
  • Claire @ The Rustic Pig
    Claire @ The Rustic Pig Spring Branch, TX
    Thanks Alexandra Arena! :)
  • Lisa@ Sweet Tea N' Salty Air
    Looks beautiful, great job!
  • Sarah @ {Home-ology} modern vintage
    i was just "gifted" a hoosier-styled cabinet this very afternoon (it's still sitting in my truck)! i'm leaning towards using it as a garden bench, but haven't yet decided. this idea is definitely going on the list of potentials! great job!
  • Carol Tomlin
    Carol Tomlin Spencer, MA
    Nice job !
  • Joanne Kinlaw
    Joanne Kinlaw Plymouth, PA
    I just purchased a cabinet that is identical to this. I'm planning to redo it and have it as an island in my kitchen. Now I see how nice it can turn out. I love it.
  • Libby Walker
    Libby Walker Chicago, IL
    Awesome makeover! Love the red. And I have those same dish towels :)
Claire @ The Rustic Pig

Posts You May Like

Continue browsing