99 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 27 of 99 comments | See Previous
  • Megan Rapp
    Megan Rapp Lynchburg, VA
    @barbara camp I would try a small test spot in an area you won't notice before just going for it.
  • Susan Recycle Paus
    Susan Recycle Paus Chicago Heights, IL
    WOW; just read the previous comments, and saw all that about mold.... We've been "1/2 ass" power-washing for years - Rather, squirting the hose on parts of it... most of the dirt rolls right off! I never seen mold though - Isn't it just like a hard rain? :)
    • Megan Rapp
      Megan Rapp Lynchburg, VA
      Susan Recycle Paus We have mold on the side of our house because it doesn't get a lot of sunlight there. Hard rains or even a blast from a house get it off. This cleaner and scrubbing is the only way to get it off!
  • Marilyn Lapham
    Marilyn Lapham, Green Pond, N.J. @ Jj, Midland, Pa. Yes, the small black spots that attach themselves to the house is from "artillery mulch". They are very stubborn spots and will attach themselves to anything, including cars. You must get rid of the
  • Megan Rapp
    Megan Rapp Lynchburg, VA
    Shelly Oertli - We both have to be following each other to send PMs. I just followed you :) But the product is Clorox Pro Results Outdoor.
  • Shelly Oertli
    Shelly Oertli Stanton, KY
    Thanks Megan! What do I need to do to follow? I can request you as friend
    • Megan Rapp
      Megan Rapp Lynchburg, VA
      Shelly Oertli You can click on my picture and it will take you to my page. There you can hit the follow button. You can also just hover above my name at times and a pop-up will come up where you can hit follow.
  • Shelly Oertli
    Shelly Oertli Stanton, KY
    Found it to follow!
    • Megan Rapp
      Megan Rapp Lynchburg, VA
      Shelly Oertli Oops! Saw this after I responded. Do you still need the product PMed? It is Clorox Pro Results Outdoor. Hope this helps!
  • Janet McMillan
    Janet McMillan Dearborn Heights, MI
    Where can you get the Clorox pro results outdoor?
    • Megan Rapp
      Megan Rapp Lynchburg, VA
      Janet McMillan I got mine at Lowes. I think it is pretty common so any home improvement store should carry it.
    • Peggy Bryan
      Peggy Bryan Lenoir, NC
      Megan Rapp that stuff is a little thicker but expensive and has chlorine in it to kill the mold/mildew but a mix of clorox and water does the same much cheaper but to put it on you
  • Vicky Thompson
    Vicky Thompson Grand Rapids, MI
    Thats great to know! Thanks for the info!
  • Margaret DeVries
    Margaret DeVries Ladson, SC
    I would never buy another vinyl siding house! So tired cleaning it! We bought a pressure washer but that is not too powerful ! Definitely will try this cleaner first!
    • Megan Rapp
      Megan Rapp Lynchburg, VA
      Margaret DeVries Good to know! Ours is only a little vinyl but it definitely is high maintenance. I love the brick sides of our house. Good luck using this!
  • Sharon
    Sharon Oakland, ME
    anyone know if this would work on old metal siding?
    • Megan Rapp
      Megan Rapp Lynchburg, VA
      Sharon Hmm...I don't know. I would research that some before using this product since it is such a different material.
  • Marfran
    Marfran Vero Beach, FL
    My whole two story house in Florida is vinyl and we just know that we have to clean it at least once a year. If we do it every six months, its not so bad and goes pretty fast in cleaning. Sure beats having to paint. Glad we have vinyl. With try this
    • Megan Rapp
      Megan Rapp Lynchburg, VA
      Marfran Wow! That's a lot of cleaning! But I agree, it definitely helps if you just stay on top of it. Good luck trying the product!
  • Mary Corrway
    Mary Corrway East Falmouth, MA
    Im wondering what about plants all around the house wont the bleach kill them off
    • Megan Rapp
      Megan Rapp Lynchburg, VA
      Mary Corrway They haven't hurt mine. This is made specifically for outdoor usage. However, there are some other great ideas in the comments if you are concerned about this.
  • Allforjesusineverthing
    There is no way that I am doing this. I am not going to spray chlorine and let it get in my dirt. I would never use chlorine in my house or in my yard. It's not safe.
  • Linda
    Linda New Florence, PA
    is this product ok to use on tan vinyl siding...won't hurt the color?
    • Megan Rapp
      Megan Rapp Lynchburg, VA
      Linda I have tan siding and it has been fine the years we've been using it. Based on that I would say it won't hurt it.
  • Marion Nesbitt
    Have you thought about a pressure washer. It has containers for solutions, too. Might not have to scrub so much!
    • Megan Rapp
      Megan Rapp Lynchburg, VA
      Marion Nesbitt Thanks for the idea! I heard that pressure washers could be hard on vinyl siding but many people have had success with them!
Megan Rapp

Posts You May Like

Continue browsing