How to Clean Vinyl Siding

Outdoors 21 hours ago
It's not something you're proud of - your house is a little moldy around the edges. Yup, there's always that side of the house that doesn't get that much sun and the moisture builds up and mold happens. Thankfully there's an easy way to clean it to enjoy a mold free year! Here's how my husband and I went after our mold on our vinyl siding. #CleaningTricks #CurbAppeal #vinylsiding
  • Clorox Pro Results that attaches to the hose.
  • Yuck! Check out that mold!
  • First step: spray down the siding with the cleaner attached to the hose.
  • Next, put your back into it. Scrub, baby, scrub!
  • Ah, literally squeaky clean!
  • Now that's a pretty sight!
  • Carol Vermillion-Doerr
    I have and use a 2500 psi pressure washer on ours with the nozzle that is not- what I call the "death ray spray" which is the red nozzle on our system. I think the nozzle I use is white. At any rate, I then use simple green concentrate mixed with water.
  • Melia Pope
    Melia Pope Benton, TN
    I would love to wash my vinyl siding, but I have roses planted all around the house. Will the bleach hurt my flowers?
    • Megan Aubrey
      Megan Aubrey Forest, VA
      Melia Pope The product that I used was made by Clorox specifically for outdoor use and did not hurt my plants. However, you may want to test a little area before you apply it on all of your house and subsequently on your roses.
  • HandyANDY - Handyman & All Repairs, LLC
    Rinse all of your plants thoroughly first...and after the cleaning. Jomax makes a product that will handle most mildew and staining on vinyl. You can get it walmart or home depot/ lowes and it screws onto the end of your garden house.
  • Meg Lund
    Meg Lund American Fork, UT
    This comment has been reported and is under admin review.
  • Jessy Shaw
    Jessy Shaw Lehi, UT
    My husband and I are currently building a home and we are most likely going to be using vinyl siding. We found this cream color that really works with the shape of the house but it getting dirty has definitely been on my mind. I am really glad that I
    • Megan Aubrey
      Megan Aubrey Forest, VA
      Jessy Shaw Awesome! I'm so glad you found this helpful! Also, congrats on building your home! That sounds so exciting!
Megan Aubrey

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post