How to Clean Vinyl Siding

Vinyl 05.15.16
It's not something you're proud of - your house is a little moldy around the edges. Yup, there's always that side of the house that doesn't get that much sun and the moisture builds up and mold happens. Thankfully there's an easy way to clean it to enjoy a mold free year! Here's how my husband and I went after our mold on our vinyl siding.

on This Post

• Sondra

• Judy Lyle
    Judy Lyle Erwin, TN
    We have one side of the house that gets the green looking stuff every winter. In the spring my husband sprays the side of our house with plain Clorax, let it stand for a few minutes then sprays off with a water hose!,,, All green is gone!! It looks so
  • PattyV
    PattyV Port Townsend, WA
    I used a Mr. Clean eraser that is attached to a pole. Light, light scrubbing and clean, clean, clean.
  • DORLIS
    DORLIS Silex, MO
    I KNOW VINEGAR WILL KILL PLANTS. wHAT DOES CLOROX DO AND WHAT CONCENTRATION DO YOU USE.
    • Jane Doe
      Jane Doe Hurdland, MO
      DORLIS If my memory is correct, use 1 part bleach to 4 parts water.
  • Naydene Cook
    Naydene Cook Pisgah, AL
    Someone told me not to use just bleach , It bleaches the mold white but if you mix with vinegar and water it kills the mold. I've tried it last year and I don't have any mold this year. Hoping it want come back.
  • Betty Pep
    Betty Pep Lakewood, CA
    Ladies, never mix vinegar with bleach.. Fumes that are dangerous. You could spray with bleach; rinse; then wash with vinegar/water; rinse
Megan Aubrey