How to Clean Vinyl Siding

01.22.16
It's not something you're proud of - your house is a little moldy around the edges. Yup, there's always that side of the house that doesn't get that much sun and the moisture builds up and mold happens. Thankfully there's an easy way to clean it to enjoy a mold free year! Here's how my husband and I went after our mold on our vinyl siding. #CleaningTricks #CurbAppeal #vinylsiding

Do you have a question about this post?

Ask Here!
  • Linda Bushnell Hefti
    Linda Bushnell Hefti Saint Simons Island, GA
    I power washed my vinyl siding every other year for 25 years and did use Clorox and water with a stub brush on places that were moldy/dirty. Would still be doing it that way if we still lived in that house. It worked like a charm.
  • Auntie Stephles
    Auntie Stephles Gardner, MA
    Oh goodness... please be careful when using bleach products. My house is white, but my shutters, doors and window boxes are periwinkle blue. I accidentally got a bit of over-spray on the front door and it turned neon green! We sanded off the spots and
    • Megan Aubrey
      Megan Aubrey Forest, VA
      Auntie Steeples Yikes! Thank you for the feedback. I'm so sorry to hear that. I never had that problem. Definitely warrants a test before going for it, now that I've heard this. Thank you!
  • John E Sheehy
    I have used a gallon of 1/2 water and 1/2 pool clorine Spray it on with a gallon sprayer, let stand for 15 min. and use a hose to wash it off. Your done, all dirt and mold is gone.
  • Bob Dame
    To remove minor mold and tough dirt on my white vinyl siding I add some OxiClean to warm water - works very well. For regular cleaning I mix a solution of good quality liquid automotive Wash & Wax product - cleans AND protects.
    • Bob Dame
      Test a mild OxiClean solution first on a small section - otherwise the automotive liquid washnwax should clean nicely - good luck!
  • Shirley Kalinosky
    Shirley Kalinosky Philipsburg, PA
    This coming Spring, I have to try these. I have a house that the side toward' the driveway is North. Lost of mold and green growing on the white siding. Thanks for the tips.
Megan Aubrey