I put in a raised bed.

New Home Ideas 06.02.14
The post are pressure treated 4 x 4's and the boards are untreated cedar that were used on another project. Now all I have to do is fill it.
  • The post are set in concrete and leveled. The bottom row of boards are leveled and nailed to the post.
  • The boards used are cedar. They came off a old pergola that fell down.
  • I added extra 4 x 4 to the side due to the height.
  • Darby C
    Darby C Flowery Branch, GA
    @KMS. The front is 6 feet wide and it is 3 feet tall. I set the post in concrete and will put some gravel in the bottom, That should stop it from bowing.( I hope) I agree with you on the post, I would have put them on the outside to make it stronger.
  • Yamini LEED AP at Urbanmotifs
    Nice, Lucky Momma!
  • Hudson Designs
    Hudson Designs Loganville, GA
    Darby how about those decorative post? I really think the load from the soil will push the 16-20 penny's out. What you have there is form work.
  • Sean W
    Sean W Atlanta, GA
    Great project.
  • Darby C
    Darby C Flowery Branch, GA
    These pictures are to update the project. Mom decided that she wanted to steps in the beds. You can see we got if filled and it is going well.
Darby C

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post