trying to remove a shower head that won't turn without turning the pipe that go's into the wall.

What do I use to loosen the shower head so I can remove it?
  • Paul Slayton Contracting
    What's the big deal about not taking the pipe out? I seems like you're going to more trouble by trying to leave it in. Are you worried about not getting a good seal inside the wall? You have almost as much risk having to force the current head off and
  • Yamini M
    Yamini M Duluth, GA
    I always use a little grease and it works, sometime I just use cooking Oil and have lossened a many tight nuts.
  • Sean W
    Sean W Atlanta, GA
    Penatraiting oil in a spray can will be your best bet to loosen the seized threads.
  • John lucia
    John lucia Palomar Mountain, CA
    cloth and pipe wrench
  • Hudson Designs
    Hudson Designs Loganville, GA
    You need 2 small pipe wrenches / Channel lock pliers, and rubber dish glove. Rap the glove over the pipe in the wall. Hold it tight with tool over rubber so not to scratch. Use the other tool on the shower head. Facing the head turn the shower head
Thank you {% auth.user().name %} for answering this question & helping the community!
Here are some more recent questions

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post