Succulents: Little Garden in My Big Garden

Gardening 06.29.15
One of my favorite corners to decorate in my garden / landscape is just outside my sunroom. I love adding this old concrete container loaded with some of my favorite succulents. I have over 16 acres to manage here in Ohio and sometimes the little things get lost in all the green. Adding containers makes it easy to showcase those special little plants giving them the respect they deserve!

This is an easy container to put together! Visit your local garden center's succulent isle and pick out your favorites. Each plant in the container featured today cost around $2. You can even use low growing sedum from your own landscape as a filler.

Time: 30 Minutes Cost: $10 Difficulty: Easy
  • Succulent container in the corner of my large landscape.
  • I'm a HUGE fan of succulents : give them a place to show off by adding them to a container front and center!
  • Irene G
    Irene G Oakdale, CA
    Love this! So earthy- with the moss.
  • Drought Smart Plants
    I'm a big fan of hypertufa, and I have lots of funky creations around; good thing succulents do so well in them.
  • Erin@UpcycledUgly
    Erin@UpcycledUgly Mc Kinney, TX
    How fun! Thanks for sharing!
  • Libby at An Eye For Detail
    THis is really nice! I just planted my first succulent container, about this size, and will do a post on it very soon. I ended up with a fiberglass, bright color and drilled holes in the bottom. So far, so good…. I had one small succulent planter a
  • Rita
    Rita Cortland, NY
    I would love to make some of these containers! Has anyone done them?
Bren Haas