Hometalk.com

trellis with planter boxes the I made for storm damaged branches.

I look for branches that are close to the same thickness, cut them to about 16-18 inches and first screw them together with wood screws then go over the screws with jute string. The overhead front of the trellis header has the word "welcome" that I made with sticks and short screws . The planter boxes are thick branches that I cut in half and nailed together so that the trellis will fit inside of them. I did use some 3 1/2" plastic pipes to slide the trellis into so it doesn't rot in the dirt. We had a tornado and I got to get all the branches I wanted and the trellises sell like crazy!
26 Comments Displaying 15 of 26 comments | See Previous
  • Tester Simi Valley, CA
    Very creative. :)
  • Jo S Flagstaff, AZ
    ingenious! I wish I could come up with ideas like that. Looks like so much fun!
  • Danita H New Port Richey, FL
    Really awesome, I love this one of a kind stuff! Great job!
  • Melissa W Hamilton, OH
    Looks like something you would see at summer camp when I was a kid.
  • Sheryl C North Boston, NY
    love it! so creative!
  • Mary Alice M San Antonio, TX
    Very nice!!!!
  • love the arbor, it's beautiful! I've always wanted to try this myself.
  • Carol M Gig Harbor, WA
    My husband and I took a lesson from a man from Alaska a few years ago to make branch art.we made chairs from willow(swamp)benches etc. You have a good eye . we also make gates from red cedar on the property. I'm really liking what you have done.
  • Barbara K Bradley, ME
    Nice idea to plant clematis. Looks awesome!
  • Cynthia E Daleville, AL
    beautiful
  • Jeannie W Lincoln, IL
    Great idea!
  • Kelly S Bremerton, WA
    What a smart way to recover from the mess of a tornado; clean up the damage and at the bank.
  • Tina C Flat Rock, MI
    Very COOL !
  • Donna D South Fallsburg, NY
    Very very nice. Looks great!
  • very nice. A claiming rose are a good vine would look nice