Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

Backyard Chickens

DIY Gardening 09.29.14
Our chicken tractor is complete! We are looking forward to having our chickens be a part of our organic garden! The Backyard chicken movement is growing quickly. The birds are wonderful at eating bugs and weeds in the garden. You can also compost their bedding and poo. Organic eggs are a bonus! More on the blog: http://designerssweetspot.blogspot.com/2013/...
Time: 5 Days Cost: $250.00 Difficulty: Challenging
13 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 13 of 13 comments
  • Alexandra Arena
    Alexandra Arena Forest Hills, NY
    Cute coop, Jessica! :)
  • Shelly Troup
    Shelly Troup Center Point, IA
    Awesome! I have 33 chickens!
  • Barbara Brousseau O'Donnell
    Nothing like knowing the chickens that give you eggs ! :)
  • Nicolette Roux
    so cute!
  • Pat Safron
    Pat Safron Canada
    can't tell what gauge wire you use but I hope its heavy to keep the other animals out that like chicken and fresh eggs.........its a super idea well done!
  • Sondra A
    Sondra A Janesville, WI
    Very nice coop! I used to raise chickens and do miss the fresh organic eggs very much. The city I live in has ruled against backyard chickens but I am still hoping that will change soon.
  • Lucie Elvin
    Lucie Elvin Winchester, VA
    I moved to neighbor developement (all fenced in back yards) and they don't allow chickens, I miss mine. With all the talk about sustainable living, orangic food. I wish more communities would allow them'. I'd even promise to mot have roosters. (Though I
  • Jessica C
    Jessica C Madison, WI
    The chicken wire we used is plastic coated, not sure of the gauge but the holes are rather small, perhaps 1"? Hope that helps!
  • Jeanette
    Jeanette Bradenton, FL
    how many chickens will fit in coop house?
  • Jessica C
    Jessica C Madison, WI
    We currently have 5, but there is room for 6 chickens in this coop.
  • Mary C
    Mary C Englewood, OH
    I didn't quite understand what you meant by you can pull the run up for security???? maybe there was something i wasn't seeing.....???? can you explain more about it or maybe post another pic ...tyvm . Chris
  • Mary C
    Mary C Englewood, OH
    My bad.... i think i just figured it out...by run "I THINK" you meant the little stairs (so to speak) that the chickens go up into the roost by??? is that right? tyvm .Chris
  • Jessica C
    Jessica C Madison, WI
    Mary C. Yes, I call the little stairs the "run".
Jessica C

Posts You May Like

Continue browsing