A horse gate and sawhorse... for bedroom furniture

Decor 05.23.15
I'll admit, this is not your typical bedroom suite! But I find great joy out of creating something from basically nothing. And such was the case with this project.

Both the gate and sawhorse were found in another's burn pile. The gate received some fun hooks, the 'bedding' was created from some sheets and linens on hand and the bedroom was complete! For free. :)

• A gate and sawhorse meant for outdoors share a life together indoors these days. The bedding was created by throwing loose linens on top of a quilt. Sheets were tucked in between the mattresses for a full length look. How to is at:...
  • The hooks offer all kinds of fun seasonal decor. Today it's summer. What will it become in fall? Hmmm...
  • I just like messy beds. They look soft and full, so I enhance it further with crumply pillows and a top sheet thrown across the width for colour and fullness.

To see more: http://www.funkyjunkinteriors.net/2012/05/how-to-decorate-bedroom-with-messy.html

• Pam R
    Pam R Petaluma, CA
    Rustic meets Shabby Chic! Love it! Very original, there certainly won't be another one like it!
  • Ruthie Mae P
    Ruthie Mae P Coatesville, PA
    Would give me night 'mares', hehe
  • Pat S
    Pat S Titusville, FL
    love the look!!!
  • Debi M
    Debi M Washington, NC
    I love doing this also. It just speaks of your artistic ability & personality
  • Kelly S
    Kelly S Bremerton, WA
    Love it. Wish I had it as a girl! Love all the rustic accessories and the rusty ones too. The beauty is in the age.
  • Linda M
    Linda M Clinton Township, MI
    I love the bedding but having a hard time figuring it out. Gotta keep looking at it! Its great Donna. Gonna check out the website. Thanks for shraing.
  • YouAreTalkingTooMuch.com
    Love this AND LOVE the staging! Always leaves me wanting to improve!
  • Susan S
    Susan S Fredericksburg, VA
    @Donna W. It's me AGAIN!! My father was a carpenter & bricklayer. I well remember him having saw horses just like yours. Wow, what wouldn't I give to have one of those now!!!
  • Mike L.
    Mike L. Ekron, KY
    Cool, Great for a Country or Ranch Home. Love the Country.
  • Susan S
    Susan S Fredericksburg, VA
    @Sherry R. That's the piece at the end of the bed - it's a really old timey saw horse. You don't see them like that much anymore. Pretty cool huh??
  • Lin T
    Lin T Bradford, PA
    I love anything to do with horses.
  • Sherry R
    Sherry R Bedford, TX
    love love love it..where's the saw horse though?
  • Elisa C
    Elisa C Union, NJ
    too messy
  • Linda G
    Linda G Conestoga, PA
    So inovative..Love it
  • Mikey F
    Mikey F Richmond, VA
    Donna, this is FABULOUS, as always! I'm so glad I found this site! It's a great way to connect with new folks, and run into a few good blog buddies in the process!!!
FunkyJunk Interiors - Donna

Search Feedback