Hand made cheese press and cheese

cheese press 10.23.15

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
We was thinking about making homemade cheese. I researched and Bob made me the press. Than I stared making cheese and I love making it as much as we love eating it.
  • Ladena S
    Ladena S Ava, MO
    that sounds good I love bagels
  • Steve G
    Steve G Fort Collins, CO
    Labneh is really good. Basically, you drain plain yogurt in cheesecloth. It makes a great low-fat or no-fat cream cheese substitute for bagels, etc. My favorite breakfast is the traditional Lebanese spread of fruit, olives, labneh and pita bread.
  • Ladena S
    Ladena S Ava, MO
    Yes I can up about 300 quarts of stuff each year we love the idea of we know whats in it. KMS I think everyone needs to give it a try it is so good fresh. Micky D An old refrigerator turned down to 65* with a bowl of water in it will do just fine for
  • KMS Woodworks
    KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    My brother has been making cheese for a few years now...someday I may give it a whirl too. From the looks of your storage area it look like you do a bit a home canning too.
  • Micky D
    Micky D Montgomery, AL
    Id like to do this myself! But live in Alabama and the Humidity is Minimum 80% most of the time!! Dont have a basement,
  • Ladena S
    Ladena S Ava, MO
    They are great Steve nothing like fresh cheese. Labneh sounds good too never tried it before.
  • Steve G
    Steve G Fort Collins, CO
    I love some homemade mozzarella. And my mom used to make labneh, which is a Lebanese yogurt cheese. But I don't think I have had the pleasure of trying other homemade cheese.
Ladena S

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post