Hometalk.com

pallets 6 days ago

Cheating With an INSTANT Full Pallet Garden Walkway

Love pallet projects but find yanking the boards apart too much effort? Me too! So I came up with an easy way to create a garden walkway using full pallets as is.

The worst part was attempting to get them level. I tried digging ruts at first but found it better to just flatten the soil bed before placing them down.

The best part about this project is the elevation so the walkway clears mud and rainwater. Very cool!

I don't mind if the wood rots down below... I can just replace them or come up with something new if that happens. DIYers need an excuse to create more stuff anyway. :)

#CurbAppeal

#AugustGarden

Time: 2 Hours Cost: $0.00 Difficulty: Moderate

To see more: http://www.funkyjunkinteriors.net/2013/07/2-pallet-garden-walkway-barrel-planter.html

46 Comments Displaying 15 of 46 comments | See Previous
  • great idea!
  • Becky Blair, NE
    Donna, though I love the look I had to pop in and comment on using wood directly on the ground like this. I've put it off when you posted your first walkway because it's a sore, very sore, subject for me even a decade after the following took place.
  • Thanks for the heads up Becky! I think every single project on the web needs to be considered if it's the right thing for them / their given area. I don't have termites in my area so I don't worry about it. So I agree, use this idea at your own risk!
  • Becky Blair, NE
    You're welcome Donna. I was shocked because at the time I had no idea we had termites in our area. Omaha, is on the list of high risk areas in Nebraska. Where we live now is not, but
  • This is fantastic FunkyJunk Interiors - Donna ! Pure genius!! Hope you're doing well! I miss our chats!
  • Kelly@mysoulfulhome San Marino, CA
    Terrific..u are a wizard with these pallets!
  • Organized Clutter International Falls, MN
    Treat it with Thompson's water seal. It will last quite a while. Love the look!
  • Columbia1 Columbia, MD
    Love this! Where do you get the pallets? They use them where my husband works, but they reuse them or I could get them very easy.
  • Genny Spring, TX
    Thank you so much for sharing - you are so creative. I can't wait to try this in my own yard!
  • Kelp4Less Idaho Falls, ID
    I am absolutely loving pallet upcycling! Love this walkway, it looks great. And I love the way you had the kettle "spilling" flowers out the end of the pallets. This is fantastic!!!
  • Patricia Morse Lake City, PA
    I've been wanting to do this around a huge tree I have in my yard, as sort of a "deck" area. The tree is about 30' high, and equally as wide. No grass or flowers will grow under the tree, but oh how the weeds grow!! Anyway, it's impossible to mow the
  • Deb Massingille Boswell Indianapolis, IN
    :Love the idea! :) Its perfect!
  • Liz Thomas Williamsburg, VA
    I didn't read all the comments so this may be a duplicate, but for safety sake, pressure wash them occasionally so that slippery algae doesn't build up.
  • Sharon Finkbiner Porthill, ID
    This takes me back to my childhood at my Baba's place. I loved walking down the 'boardwalk' but instead of ending at a beautiful sitting area I ended at another sitting area - the outhouse! Still loved that boardwalk!
  • Mary Brancato Hobart, IN
    love it.