Cheating With an INSTANT Full Pallet Garden Walkway

pallet ideas 13 hours ago
Love pallet projects but find yanking the boards apart too much effort? Me too! So I came up with an easy way to create a garden walkway using full pallets as is.

The worst part was attempting to get them level. I tried digging ruts at first but found it better to just flatten the soil bed before placing them down.

The best part about this project is the elevation so the walkway clears mud and rainwater. Very cool!

I don't mind if the wood rots down below... I can just replace them or come up with something new if that happens. DIYers need an excuse to create more stuff anyway. :)

#CurbAppeal

#AugustGarden

Time: 2 Hours Cost: $0.00 Difficulty: Moderate

To see more: http://www.funkyjunkinteriors.net/2013/07/2-pallet-garden-walkway-barrel-planter.html

• FunkyJunk Interiors - Donna
    Thanks for the heads up Becky I think every single project on the web needs to be considered if it's the right thing for them / their given area. I don't have termites in my area so I don't worry about it. So I agree, use this idea at your own risk!
  • Becky
    Becky Blair, NE
    You're welcome Donna. I was shocked because at the time I had no idea we had termites in our area. Omaha, is on the list of high risk areas in Nebraska. Where we live now
  • Karen - The Graphics Fairy
    This is fantastic FunkyJunk Interiors - Donna ! Pure genius!! Hope you're doing well! I miss our chats!
  • Kelly@mysoulfulhome
    Kelly@mysoulfulhome San Marino, CA
    Terrific..u are a wizard with these pallets!
  • Organized Clutter
    Organized Clutter International Falls, MN
    Treat it with Thompson's water seal. It will last quite a while. Love the look!
  • Columbia1
    Columbia1 Columbia, MD
    Love this! Where do you get the pallets? They use them where my husband works, but they reuse them or I could get them very easy.
  • Genny
    Genny Spring, TX
    Thank you so much for sharing - you are so creative. I can't wait to try this in my own yard!
  • Kelp4Less
    Kelp4Less Idaho Falls, ID
    I am absolutely loving pallet upcycling! Love this walkway, it looks great. And I love the way you had the kettle "spilling" flowers out the end of the pallets. This is fantastic!!!
  • Patricia Morse
    Patricia Morse Lake City, PA
    I've been wanting to do this around a huge tree I have in my yard, as sort of a "deck" area. The tree is about 30' high, and equally as wide. No grass or flowers will grow under the tree, but oh how the weeds grow!! Anyway, it's impossible to mow the
  • Deb Massingille Boswell
    Deb Massingille Boswell Indianapolis, IN
    :Love the idea! :) Its perfect!
  • Liz Thomas
    Liz Thomas Williamsburg, VA
    I didn't read all the comments so this may be a duplicate, but for safety sake, pressure wash them occasionally so that slippery algae doesn't build up.
  • Sharon Finkbiner
    Sharon Finkbiner Porthill, ID
    This takes me back to my childhood at my Baba's place. I loved walking down the 'boardwalk' but instead of ending at a beautiful sitting area I ended at another sitting area - the outhouse! Still loved that boardwalk!
  • Mary Brancato
    Mary Brancato Hobart, IN
    love it.
  • Stephanie Volkert
    Stephanie Volkert Roswell, NM
    Man, i can never find pallets with boards that close together.
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer Cedar Park, TX
    Yeah the pallets I find always have the boards at least 3 or more inches apart. Where did the owner of this post find these?
    • FunkyJunk Interiors - Donna
      Hi Jennifer, I found them at a firetruck manufacturer's place. Look for any place where they ship large items. I just lucked out to find the slats so close together. They are
FunkyJunk Interiors - Donna