Spring Fern Mantlescape

Backyard Escapes 01.11.15
I styled my faux mantel. . .well real mantel, no fireplace. . .for Spring. I hung an antique stained glass window salvaged from a local church flanked by two reproduction French wall sconces then decked the mantle with a Frenchy vintage clock and loads of terracotta pots and ferns. I tucked in a few metal flower frogs for good measure!
  • Antique stained glass stands in as art over the mantel.
  • Ferns in terra cotta pots make a real statement when grouped across the entire mantel.
  • Don't be afraid to turn something on its side! It will add visual interest!
  • A very French and vintage clock adds a touch of elegance to an otherwise casual display. It also slightly overlaps the window, thereby connecting your wall art to the vignette on the mantle. This keeps your eye moving and makes the whole wall even more cohesive.
  • Evelyn McMullen
    Evelyn McMullen Montgomery, AL
    Love the mantle, at first glance I thought the clock was a Buddha, lol. The whole idea is beautiful. Of course I have husband's portrait & his urn there no plants.
  • Barb H
    Barb H Midlothian, IL
    Love the window!! Will be looking for one!
  • Bernadette M
    Bernadette M Snoqualmie, WA
    LOVE the fern mantle and I'm honestly not generally a fan of ferns.
  • Lorrie B
    Lorrie B Beaver Falls, PA
    Looks Beautiful! I love the stained glass window!
  • Susan S
    Susan S Fredericksburg, VA
    Again Mikey - you've scored a big winner!! Wonderful scale, texture, balance - all the important elements to give a grouping the wow factor!!!
  • KMS Woodworks
    KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    I'm digging the mix of greens in this whole project...they work well with the terra cotta
Mikey F