What could be eating my wood siding ?

It started with just the corner of a fascia board and now has appeared in a bunch of other places. The fascia is cypress and the shingles are cedar. The only place the damage is being done is on the south or west side of the structure (an "out" building). It looks like it's being chewed. The attached pictures give you a pretty good idea what it looks like.

The house, which has the same siding and is about 50 feet away, is not affected at all.

Any clues and solutions gladly accepted !

Rick Taylor

Moyock, NC

• Peace Painting Co., Inc.
    Too, the Honduranos are such a wonderful, humble people in general.

I have had the pleasure of working with a handful. There are a good number in

• Mikey F
    Mikey F Richmond, VA
    . . . .the day the squirrel went berserk. . .
  • Becky H
    Becky H Tampa, FL
    Make that "gnawing" on the wood. Ooops!
  • Kelly F
    Kelly F Freeport, PA
    So Rick- have you decided it is squirrels eating the house? Maybe just try putting a squirrel feeder in the yard? I gather up walnuts every year and put them on the garage floor- the squirrels eat them instead of my tools and wires and wood on the
  • Susan S
    Susan S Fredericksburg, VA
    @Becky H. - HA HA - I like your "original" way of spelling knawing!!!

@Kelly F. - Somestimes if ya can't beat 'em ya might as well join 'em, right?? I keep telling my other half that it's an

Rick T
Thank you {% auth.user().name %} for answering this question & helping the community!
Here are some more recent questions

Search Feedback