How do you get rid of squirrels in your home?

Anything goes 04.27.16
As I chronicled in my recent blog post on squirrel eradication, our family has had the recurring problem of furry vermin taking up residence in our attic and chewing on our wires! I've received some tips from my readers on how to send the "limb rats" packing for good, including using mothballs or oil of peppermint. I've tried the mothball method but would not recommend it (read why here: http://bit.ly/15aWp56). However, I have yet to try the oil of peppermint. I was wondering if anyone else struggles with squirrels wreaking havoc in their homes and what methods have worked to get rid of them. Sound off ...

• Zelda?
    Zelda? Albert, OK
    Sia, that's too much trouble. LOL Besides we promised each other this year there will be NO plantings what so ever. Besides the cotton balls work perfectly. The only mouse that has
  • Sia@South 47th
    Sia@South 47th Sacramento, CA
    Zelda? I completely understand!!! Shhhh, don't tell anyone but I use the cotton balls in ALL of my drawers, pantry, closets and anywhere else I can find to stuff them into. I made
  • Zelda?
    Zelda? Albert, OK
    Hey no worries here. I'm good at keeping secrets. When hubby first read about this it said to only use 100% Pure Peppermint Oil that you find in a health food store and that's all we've ever used. It makes the house smell great too.
  • Trina Moers
    Trina Moers Katy, TX
    Also if you are using only in the attic or in a storage area where you are sure that family pets won't get a hold of it, the amazing solution to not only squirrels but almost every bug in the Houston, Tx region to my knowledge so far ... Is Bay Leaves.
  • Mandy Loriot
    Mandy Loriot Lawrenceville, GA
    I am about to have our pest control company do an exclusion on our attic because we've heard what apparently are flying squirrels. They look kind of like chipmunks, and because our house was built in 1995 the roof edging was done in a way that has a gap
Living Rich on Less - Susan