Outdoor Chair Planter Project

Garden 01.07.15
A while back I was walking down an alley and came across an old chair. Most would have passed right by it, thinking it was garbage. I, however, could see the infinite beauty in this worn down, cast aside chair with no seat. With a little work, I was able to create this little piece of sunshine in the back of my garden. #PowerofPaint

Here is the summary of the project, but you will find much more detail on the blog: http://gardentherapy.ca/outdoor-chair-plante...

To see more: http://gardentherapy.ca/outdoor-chair-planter-project/

• Miriam I
    Miriam I New York, NY
    This is awesome, Stephanie!
  • Stephanie @ Garden Therapy
    Thanks Miriam!
  • Gwen
    Gwen Peoria, AZ
    I did this once...came out nice!
  • Dee W
    Dee W Rock Creek, OH
    I love the idea and the cheery yellow!
  • Angeline
    Angeline Ashford, AL
    I have a chair that I picked up on the side if the road. Now I know why I got it.

• Kim Harmeyer
    Kim Harmeyer Cincinnati, OH
    <3 it !
  • Marcia G
    Marcia G Hudson, NC
    Sooo cool....am on the look out for an old chair!!!
  • Kailashchandrabohra
    Realy a nice creativity, some one will pick the idea, including myself. Thanks for such creativity.
  • Donna Campbell
    Donna Campbell Collinsville, OK
    I did this to an old chair; painted it a bright green; nice contrast to the pink flowers I have in it. Brightens up the porch too....
  • Sherry
    Sherry Sparta, TN
    I am always in awe of someone that can look at an old thing and see what can be done with it. I wish I had that vision to make some of the beautiful things that come from them. Such great ideas. Good to see things like this Stephanie, keep up the good work/
  • Jenny
    Jenny Waldorf, MD
    I love the yellow chair, nice contrast to green all around. :)
  • Carolyn
    Carolyn Groves, TX
    Stephanie...loved your idea for the chair so much I went looking for one and found it! Since I have bright yellow on my patio all ready, I will paint mine a very bright, glossy azure blue tomorrow. I've gotten my paint and prepared the chair so I am
  • Denise Kilgus McBride
    Denise Kilgus McBride Philadelphia, PA
    I saw the perfect chair put out in the trash last Friday morning, but alas, I was on my way somewhere in a hurry and couldn't stop to grab it!! It's gone now :( but I hope I get another chance like that soon.
  • Nancy a Butcher
    Nancy a Butcher Chillicothe, OH
    I love this I have 2 of them & my dogs can"t get to them.. ha ha !!!
  • Deborah Jean of DANDELION HOUSE BLOG
    Love love love this project! I just started painting some of my " finds" with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. in English Yellow! So bright and cheery. Your garden chair is a vision of delight from top to bottom!
Stephanie @ Garden Therapy