Hometalk.com

Decor Ideas 07.22.13

Yellow is the IT Color for 2014!

Yellow. People love it or hate it. Done right, I love it. Done wrong, well.. just get me out of there. Yellow is a home decor color you can be bold with.

The upside is it always makes a statement. The downside is, its not always easy work. If wall paint is too hard, use it as an accent color instead.

Yellow painted walls have a nasty way of showing the color underneath it after a few years.

The great thing about yellow is that it works the best when it challenges its surroundings. Your room decorating ideas suddenly look better. Like milky yellow with clear blues.

There is at least one yellow that will speak to your muted gray or chocolate color scheme. Soft and pale or strong and mango vibrant. Sharp yellow against dark purples or rusts.

Yellow is incredibly versatile.

To see more: http://decoratedlife.com/home-decorating-trends-2014-yellow/

5 Comments Displaying 5 of 5 comments
  • Alexandra Arena Forest Hills, NY
    I love yellow, Christine! Most people are scared to use it because it's such a punchy color, but I think it's so bright and happy. And there are so many pretty shades of pale, softer yellow for minimalists.
  • I know Alexandra! It is a happy color - and that's exactly what we need.. more happy..

I love it with pink too..

• Txvoodoo Fort Worth, TX
    My experiences with yellow - stick with soft, buttercup tints of it, or bright sunny with lots of white. Steer away from orangey or mustardy shades for big areas - light plays with those hues badly.
  • Great advice Txvoodoo, you need to account for your natural lighting.
  • Txvoodoo Fort Worth, TX
    Around 1978, my mom decided to add some yellow to her federal/chinoiserie styled family room, which previously had LOTS of black with some very 60s orangey accents. She had a lovely bucket chair with ebony-stained wood that had been something
  • Likes

Ddiane D Robert Holloway Ashley Maryann Elisa Txvoodoo Amelia Sheryl Kitty Norton Cutting Edge Stencils Naomi