Hometalk.com

Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

Vertical Gardening with a Repurposed Ladder

I fell in love with this old ladder, and turned it into a vertical garden. I painted small clay pots, then drilled holes in the ladder steps where I wanted the pots to sit. Using a bolt, nut, and bent washer to allow for drainage, I attached the pots so they wouldn't blow off the ladder in the wind. And then I got to planting! It created visual interest on my patio, and a practical planting solution for a small space. You can check out the details, and more repurposed projects at http://www.differentshadesofgreen.com/2011/0.... Thanks for looking! :)
3 Comments Displaying 3 of 3 comments
    Douglas Hunt New Smyrna Beach, FL
    Ingenious way to keep the drainage. Well-done.
    This comment has been reported and is under admin review.
    This comment was hidden for violating Hometalk's guidelines.
  • Ann S
    Ann S Albany, GA
    great idea will also keep cats from knocking them off
  • Ann S
    Ann S Albany, GA
    mandevilla vine would grow nice on the paint step or sweet potatoe vine, or morning glory,
Kristen M