"Mirabella and Isadora's Cottage"

This is our little 1 and 3 year old granddaughters' little abode. My Husband and I build it from a kit that we sent away for from the Jamaica Cottage Shop in Vermont. The cottage is really a storage shed for our garden equipment. When our granddaughters come from out of state we transform it into their playhouse. All of our equipment goes under a tarp behind it. We furnished it with odds and ends that we "shopped" for in our basement. I apologize for picture quality. I'm not very good at it but you can get the idea.
  • We painted the cottage green with a lighter green for the trim and flower boxes. We used lavender for other accents. There is a double door with a ramp that opens to the right (not in picture).
  • My husband built a drop leaf table for coloring, painting, tea parties etc. We used an outdoor rug that we can spray clean.
  • The windows open out for a nice cool breeze. It also brings the flowers in the boxes in to the room.
  • An old microwave stand is storage for their treasures and toys. We needed adult chairs because our girls are just little. When we have company adults are always having a tea party with the girls.
  • SYNLawn Of Kansas City
    SYNLawn Of Kansas City Lees Summit, MO
    How adorable. What lucky kids.
  • Kim Hayes
    Kim Hayes Pasadena, MD
    How incredibly cute!! Wish I was little and one of your granddaughters!! Beautiful job
  • Zuzanka
    Absolutely adorable! I always wanted a little space for my four girls when they were growing up, and when that didn't happen, I swore I will make one for my grandchildren. Well my grandchildren are almost grown up, and I am still dreaming. So wonderful
  • Chelseaboots
    Absolutely beautiful inside and out. I know I would have a tough time putting the garden tools back in there when the grandchildren return home. I love that you "shopped" from your own house :-)
  • Argo Electrical Services
    Argo Electrical Services Gainesville, GA
    Love it..
B.J. B

Search Feedback