Hometalk.com

Backyard Escapes 03.24.14

"Mirabella and Isadora's Cottage"

This is our little 1 and 3 year old granddaughters' little abode. My Husband and I build it from a kit that we sent away for from the Jamaica Cottage Shop in Vermont. The cottage is really a storage shed for our garden equipment. When our granddaughters come from out of state we transform it into their playhouse. All of our equipment goes under a tarp behind it. We furnished it with odds and ends that we "shopped" for in our basement. I apologize for picture quality. I'm not very good at it but you can get the idea.
44 Comments Displaying 15 of 44 comments | See Previous
  • Ann Kenopic Canada
    was always my dream.So Beautiful.
  • Barbara Straczynski Sayreville, NJ
    Love this cute house, it looks pretty big inside.......lucky kids!!!!!!!!
  • Syree Eatonton, GA
    I love this cottage; it is absolutely beautiful inside and outside. I am a 59-year-old girl and want one; so no, @Lori Dowell, I don't think it's too late to get one for your 8-year-old. :-)
  • B.J. B Lexington, MI
    This little cottage is so versatile. You could use it for a little get away nook for yourself, or use it for a garden shed or whatever. We also have a kitty who thinks it's hers. I already have a garden shed so unless my granddaughters are visiting from
  • Tasha Vaughn South Bend, IN
    I daydream about creating a space like this for my daughter.
    • B.J. B Lexington, MI
      Tasha Vaughn What's nice is that after we build it we decorated it from shopping our basement, so it really didn't cost anything.
  • Anita Daniels Manassas, VA
    too cute, what a wonderful thing to do, looks fantastic. I bet the children love it.
    • B.J. B Lexington, MI
      Anita Daniels Thanks Anita. The children do love it. When they visited over Christmas they wanted to play in their cottage but we had over a foot of snow. They live out of state and will have to wait for their summer visit.
  • Linda H Washington, IA
    will you adopt me????
  • i'm 61 and would love it for my get away place
  • Lisa Wausau, WI
    So pretty! What a great idea and wonderful for your grandchildren to have a special place. I'd love it in my own back yard to enjoy!
  • Janieac Las Cruces, NM
    My grandfather made his ice fishing shack into a playhouse of all us grandchildren...That was back in the early 60's...There were always homemade cookies in a cookie jar out there when ever we would come over...It was so magical..your grandchildren will