DIY Hidden storage: canned food storage cabinet

STORAGE 13 hours ago
It's totally tiny but does a fine job suiting our needs...mostly... One problem I've run into with a small space is storage space. I've had to get a little creative and maximize the empty space hiding in the room since we're lacking a pantry. However, our kitchen had about a 6" opening between our wall and the refrigerator. I decided I needed to utilize this hidden space and that's exactly what I did!

For those concerned about heat, the side of my refrigerator does not get warm/hot at all. I have had this since May and it has been a dream come true in my kitchen!

Check out the full post for full instructions with a shopping list, wood list and full tutorial.

http://classyclutter.blogspot.com/2012/05/bu...

#Bestof2012 #StorageSolutions

• Charity Maher
    Charity Maher Port Matilda, PA
    I love this idea!
  • Melissa Reynolds
    Melissa Reynolds Cincinnati, OH
    Terri S has a good point. Do they get hot there?
  • Wendy Spaur
    Wendy Spaur Seymour, IA
    This would work so well for me, I have a bad time remembering what we have.

There is a hutch but half the time I forget to even look at it. With this, I could have him add a white board slider to part

• Pattie
    Pattie Stamford, CT
    This is wonderful and can be used in many "tight" spots. Thank you so much for sharing!
  • Jeanette S
    Jeanette S Atlanta, GA
    Well, HT folks are getting just too clever for me! I think this is about the most amazing thing I have seen in a long time! Love it! Just Love it!1!!!
  • Andrea
    Andrea Flowery Branch, GA
    forwarding this to my "handy" husband right now! this is great!
  • Georgia
    Georgia Brentwood, TN
    This looks one I could attempt and succeed with the right circumstances.
  • Louise Paradis
    Super ingénieux!
  • Darla
    Darla Montgomery Village, MD
    How do you keep it from falling over when it is pulled out all the way?
    • Terra Gazelle
      Terra Gazelle Springfield, LA
      Darla I would think it would be like a drawer..you can only pull it out so far..they have stops.
  • Michael Maloney
    Michael Maloney Australia
    Your kitchen will always have some hidden space for storage and this is a great way to utilize it for canned goods. There are more hidden spaces that you haven’t thought about and you can scan the pages of Pinterest for more great ideas! Not only
  • Lori
    Lori Canada
    So clever and you even made it pretty.
  • Valerie Tate
    Valerie Tate Norcross, GA
    Does this impact the required space allotment for the appliance? I would be concerned with overheating. Pkease advise. Great idea though.
  • Linda Schovanec
    Linda Schovanec Dakota City, NE
    I think it's awesome...wish I had something like that.
  • Iris
    Iris Cumberland, MD
    My cousin who lives in Ireland, had a new kitchen put in about 30 yrs ago. This was one of the pieces.
  • Jaime LaPlant
    Jaime LaPlant Menominee, MI
    I may make something like this to go between my counter and the oven. Great idea!
Classy Clutter