Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

DIY Hidden storage: canned food storage cabinet

Storage 5 hours ago
It's totally tiny but does a fine job suiting our needs...mostly... One problem I've run into with a small space is storage space. I've had to get a little creative and maximize the empty space hiding in the room since we're lacking a pantry. However, our kitchen had about a 6" opening between our wall and the refrigerator. I decided I needed to utilize this hidden space and that's exactly what I did!

For those concerned about heat, the side of my refrigerator does not get warm/hot at all. I have had this since May and it has been a dream come true in my kitchen!

Check out the full post for full instructions with a shopping list, wood list and full tutorial.

http://classyclutter.blogspot.com/2012/05/bu...

#Bestof2012 #StorageSolutions

66 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 19 of 66 comments | See Previous
  • Terri S
    Terri S Lafayette, IN
    Good idea overall, but doesn't it get hot on the cans that close to the fridge?
    • Jeannie DiMauro
      Jeannie DiMauro Spring, TX
      Terri S She mentioned HER fridge does not get hot on the sides... probably a newer model or something... but, if the fridge does get warm (as mine does), perhaps the added space
    • Sandra Walker
      Sandra Walker Charlotte, NC
      @ Jeannie DiMauro Now see, that's what I like to read. Someone seeing the good in something that someone has made instead of all of the negativity that other people find.
  • Charity Maher
    Charity Maher Port Matilda, PA
    I love this idea!
  • Melissa Reynolds
    Melissa Reynolds Cincinnati, OH
    Terri S has a good point. Do they get hot there?
  • Wendy Spaur
    Wendy Spaur Seymour, IA
    This would work so well for me, I have a bad time remembering what we have.

There is a hutch but half the time I forget to even look at it. With this, I could have him add a white board slider to part

• Pattie
    Pattie Stamford, CT
    This is wonderful and can be used in many "tight" spots. Thank you so much for sharing!
  • Jeanette S
    Jeanette S Atlanta, GA
    Well, HT folks are getting just too clever for me! I think this is about the most amazing thing I have seen in a long time! Love it! Just Love it!1!!!
  • Andrea
    Andrea Flowery Branch, GA
    forwarding this to my "handy" husband right now! this is great!
  • Georgia
    Georgia Brentwood, TN
    This looks one I could attempt and succeed with the right circumstances.
  • Louise Paradis
    Super ingénieux!
  • Darla
    Darla Montgomery Village, MD
    How do you keep it from falling over when it is pulled out all the way?
    • Gloria Wilson
      Gloria Wilson Eagle, ID
      There's little rods an inch or so above the bottom of each shelf holding the cans in, if that is what you were asking. Or are you asking about the whole device?
    • Darla
      Darla Montgomery Village, MD
      Gloria Wilson I was asking about the whole thing. It seems like it might be top-heavy when it's loaded.
  • Michael Maloney
    Michael Maloney Australia
    Your kitchen will always have some hidden space for storage and this is a great way to utilize it for canned goods. There are more hidden spaces that you haven’t thought about and you can scan the pages of Pinterest for more great ideas! Not only
  • Lori
    Lori Canada
    So clever and you even made it pretty.
  • Valerie Tate
    Valerie Tate Norcross, GA
    Does this impact the required space allotment for the appliance? I would be concerned with overheating. Pkease advise. Great idea though.
  • Linda Schovanec
    Linda Schovanec Dakota City, NE
    I think it's awesome...wish I had something like that.
  • Iris
    Iris Cumberland, MD
    My cousin who lives in Ireland, had a new kitchen put in about 30 yrs ago. This was one of the pieces.
Classy Clutter

Posts You May Like

Continue browsing