DIY Hidden storage: canned food storage cabinet

test 3 hours ago
It's totally tiny but does a fine job suiting our needs...mostly... One problem I've run into with a small space is storage space. I've had to get a little creative and maximize the empty space hiding in the room since we're lacking a pantry. However, our kitchen had about a 6" opening between our wall and the refrigerator. I decided I needed to utilize this hidden space and that's exactly what I did!

For those concerned about heat, the side of my refrigerator does not get warm/hot at all. I have had this since May and it has been a dream come true in my kitchen!

Check out the full post for full instructions with a shopping list, wood list and full tutorial.

http://classyclutter.blogspot.com/2012/05/bui...

on This Post

• Tadikaislam
    That's a great storage idea. I have a space like that beside my fridge & thought of installing such a cabinet. But my main concern at the moment is that will the heat from the fridge affect the food (canned, bottled) stored in there.
  • Dfm
    dfm Cascade, IA
    i'd be more concerned about the fridge not dissipating heat properly.....and shortening it's life span. the coolants aren't what they used to be. many new units are coming with recommendations that you leave 3 inches on top and both sides for proper air
  • Kathleen Jasper
    Kathleen Jasper Connersville, IN
    You can buy this item on line from Wal-Mart. Bring it home putting it in and there you go.
  • Sandra K Salisbury
    Sandra K Salisbury Vancouver, WA
    You don't have to explain anything to me! This is just plain super! Good job!
  • Linda Arredondo
    Linda Arredondo Wauchula, FL
    My ref. is next to the stove and it gets hot and I only have a small space ( about 3 inches) between my ref. and stove what can I put between them
Classy Clutter