Board and batten height

moldings 06.06.15
Are there "rules" on how high you should make a board and batten wall feature or is it just personal preference? I have a couple of rooms I'd like to do this in and could go different heights but don't want it to look odd if too low/high.
  • Therese C
    Therese C Greenfield, IA
    Apparently I am very old looks like anything goes nowadays! Here are some examples of just how high people are taking it! So as I is your preference that matters!
  • Dawn Pridham
    wow thanks so much for your help. And your not old fashioned, just vintagely inspired lol
  • Dawn Pridham
    i see from your profile that you are an art student. Did you see the post today on barn quilt squares? So pretty
  • Mary L
    Mary L Mayville, MI
    My rule would be lower than the lowest light switch OR higher than the highest light switch. I took OUT a chair rail that ran THROUGH the switches. It just looked dumb. Hope this helps.
  • Therese C
    Therese C Greenfield, IA
    Who would run a chair rail THROUGH a light switch??? That's just silly! I would have taken it out too! I once moved into a home with the strangest walls I have ever seen! The former owners had left paneling...yes paneling at the top and sheet rocked the
Dawn Pridham
Thank you {% auth.user().name %} for answering this question & helping the community!
Here are some more recent questions

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post