Container Garden in a Vintage Enamelware Tub

Take a look at my newest summer container garden! I put it together as the icing on the cake of long day of garden work. I used my favorite flowers color combo - yellow, purple & white and chose plants with varied textures. This makes a container more interesting. If you are planting a container garden make sure when to use plants that have the same sun & water needs. See my post http://www.mysoulfulhome.com/cant-contain-my... for more tips
  • Container garden with my favorite garden color combination white, purple & yellow. See www.mysoulfulhome.com/cant-comntain-myself-container-garden/ for names of the plants used & quantity
  • Looks pretty here but not sunny enough...
  • ariel view of
  • A new plant for me Pineapple Pie Coreopsis - full sun
  • Love my enamelware tub. Before it was just leaning in a corner. Love it more now. I put a mixture of gravel & packing peanuts in the bottom for drainage.
  • Perfect spot - sitting in the sun for hours - happy & so pretty! See http://www.mysoulfulhome.com/cant-contain-myself-container-garden/ for tips on planting a container garden.

To see more: http://www.mysoulfulhome.com/cant-contain-myself-container-garden/

• Sue
    Sue Allentown, PA
    Love it. I do all of my annuals in containers. I have a small yard.
  • Kelly@mysoulfulhome
    Kelly@mysoulfulhome San Marino, CA
    Thank you...it is homey...LOVE that! Thanks for saying so!
  • Kitchen Kelli
    Kitchen Kelli Norman, OK
    I love this! my Nana had one in her front yard garden and now I have it - it just makes things look so homey! Beautiful flowers!
  • Kelly@mysoulfulhome
    Kelly@mysoulfulhome San Marino, CA
    I wish I had grown up on a farm! Thanks for sharing Carol!
  • Carol Harris
    Carol Harris Jonesboro, AR
    I grew up on a farm, in the early days, this was called a dish pan, and still have a wash pan, that my mother used on the back porch for the men folks to wash their hands in before coming inside for dinner after working in the fields, its a smaller pan
  • Kelly@mysoulfulhome
    Kelly@mysoulfulhome San Marino, CA
    Phyllis....it is a sign! Go do it!!
  • Phyllis
    Phyllis Richmond, VA
    I have been wanting to do this. Now I have to!
  • Kelly@mysoulfulhome
    Kelly@mysoulfulhome San Marino, CA
    Thanks Ladies...I really appreciate your comments! I discussed the drainage issue in my blog post, but not here...so to recap...I used a combination of gravel & packing peanuts in the bottom for drainage. I did not have the heart to drill holes in the
  • Wendy Baker
    Wendy Baker Ruckersville, VA
    Do you have drill holes in the bottom of the tubs to let the water drain? I'm thinking of using them for a vegetable garden.
  • TinaLouise
    TinaLouise Marietta, GA
    Gorgeous! I really love it and I will have to check out that Pineapple Pie Coreopsis; just love it!
  • Catherine Smith
    Catherine Smith Fredericksburg, VA
    That is gorgeous. Did you drill holes for drainage?
  • Karin P
    Karin P Cedar Park, TX
    wow...just yesterday I looked at 2 of my own vintage blue speckled tubs and thought do use them for succulents....I am going to get right on it! thanks
  • Cathy Kurpil
    Cathy Kurpil Stuart, FL
    So pretty Kelly!
  • Charlotte MacDiarmid
    Charlotte MacDiarmid Manassas, VA
    Before there was such a thing as a Bathinet for babies, my Mom gave me a bath in a pan just like this one.. I still have it.. That was back in the early, early 40s. ;o)
  • Kelly@mysoulfulhome
    Kelly@mysoulfulhome San Marino, CA
    Oh I do LOVE that table as well...Thanks!!
Kelly@mysoulfulhome