Container Garden in a Vintage Enamelware Tub

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
Take a look at my newest summer container garden! I put it together as the icing on the cake of long day of garden work. I used my favorite flowers color combo - yellow, purple & white and chose plants with varied textures. This makes a container more interesting. If you are planting a container garden make sure when to use plants that have the same sun & water needs. See my post for more tips
  • Container garden with my favorite garden color combination white, purple & yellow. See for names of the plants used & quantity
  • Looks pretty here but not sunny enough...
  • ariel view of
  • A new plant for me Pineapple Pie Coreopsis - full sun
  • Love my enamelware tub. Before it was just leaning in a corner. Love it more now. I put a mixture of gravel & packing peanuts in the bottom for drainage.
  • Perfect spot - sitting in the sun for hours - happy & so pretty! See for tips on planting a container garden.

To see more:

• Natalie Scarberry
    Natalie Scarberry Fort Worth, TX
    I love the look, but what do you do for drainage. Do you somehow drill holes in the bottoms?
  • Kelly@mysoulfulhome
    Kelly@mysoulfulhome San Marino, CA
    Hi Natalie, Thanks for your question. I did not have the heart to drill holes in the vintage tub. I used a combination of gravel & packing peanuts. You can read here for more details
  • Natalie Scarberry
    Natalie Scarberry Fort Worth, TX
    Hi, Kelly. I don't have the heart to drill holes in mine either. So thanks for the idea about the gravel and packing peanuts. Have a great day.
  • Judy Hofer
    Judy Hofer Fenton, MO
    You didn't answer the question. How do you drain?
    • Kelly@mysoulfulhome
      Kelly@mysoulfulhome San Marino, CA
      Hello Judy ... I did fully reply to Natalie's drainage question. You need to click on the three dots 2 comments above you. There I explained & left the link for more details. Lmk if u can't find that. Thx!
  • Southwest Greens Of Virginia
    Beautiful arrangement. Well done!

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post