Antique Trunk/Coffee Table with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint

Furniture 07.27.15
I have been asking about readers opinions about Annie Sloan Chalk Paint lately. I am not a huge fan of chalk paint but the reason is because I don't find it a good paint to do "fine" painting in. By "fine" painting, I mean a smooth finish with an even sheen and minimal brush marks. However, rather than sound like a hater of Annie Sloan, I decided I would do a piece with her red emperor's silk. I tinted the clear wax with my own tints to get it the exact colour I wanted. And, yes, I really did obsessively paint around all that brass hardware. The legs are painted black with my custom red glaze on them. Hubbie says its finished and to leave it alone. I'm not so sure. The only question I have is: should I add brass or bronze paint to the bottom of the feet to tie them in with the top? Or would you leave it as is?

Jacqui

www.portaverdestudio.com

www.facebook.com/portaverdestudio

• Porta Verde Studio
    Stormie, I got these legs off an old chair and repaired them.
  • Charlotte Wood Eckel
    Your trunk is beautiful the way it is. I wouldn't do one thing more to it!
  • Truly Musgrove
    Truly Musgrove Cocoa, FL
    I agree it is lovely the way it is.The hardware gives it character.The only thing i would change is from the spot you have it now to my porch in fl.Is it for sale?
  • Katherine
    Katherine Charlotte, NC
    Leave it like it is! It's perfection! You've further inspired me to paint an almost identical chest for my daughter's dorm room at college. I may even decoupage it here and there after being inspired by your stereo cabinet!
  • Sharon Doyle
    Sharon Doyle Lake Jackson, TX
    I'd paint it to match the brass hardware.
Porta Verde Studio