Antique Trunk/Coffee Table with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint

3 hours ago
I have been asking about readers opinions about Annie Sloan Chalk Paint lately. I am not a huge fan of chalk paint but the reason is because I don't find it a good paint to do "fine" painting in. By "fine" painting, I mean a smooth finish with an even sheen and minimal brush marks. However, rather than sound like a hater of Annie Sloan, I decided I would do a piece with her red emperor's silk. I tinted the clear wax with my own tints to get it the exact colour I wanted. And, yes, I really did obsessively paint around all that brass hardware. The legs are painted black with my custom red glaze on them. Hubbie says its finished and to leave it alone. I'm not so sure. The only question I have is: should I add brass or bronze paint to the bottom of the feet to tie them in with the top? Or would you leave it as is?

Jacqui

www.portaverdestudio.com

www.facebook.com/portaverdestudio

• Donna Stowers
    Donna Stowers Richardson, TX
    NO! Don't touch it! Love it! Looks fantastic the way it is!
  • Jessica
    Jessica Canada
    Love this, have a old trunk I am getting ready to paint now I know hat I am doing....Thanks for your awesome post.
  • Michele Casey
    Michele Casey Australia
    why not change the feet to brass rollers
  • Mendyh
    How did you clean the hardware and how in the world did you do such a perfect job of painting around it?
  • Mary  Law
    Mary Law Villa Rica, GA
    Beautiful!
Porta Verde Studio