Antique Trunk/Coffee Table with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint

Flooring Ideas 7 days ago
I have been asking about readers opinions about Annie Sloan Chalk Paint lately. I am not a huge fan of chalk paint but the reason is because I don't find it a good paint to do "fine" painting in. By "fine" painting, I mean a smooth finish with an even sheen and minimal brush marks. However, rather than sound like a hater of Annie Sloan, I decided I would do a piece with her red emperor's silk. I tinted the clear wax with my own tints to get it the exact colour I wanted. And, yes, I really did obsessively paint around all that brass hardware. The legs are painted black with my custom red glaze on them. Hubbie says its finished and to leave it alone. I'm not so sure. The only question I have is: should I add brass or bronze paint to the bottom of the feet to tie them in with the top? Or would you leave it as is?

Jacqui

www.portaverdestudio.com

www.facebook.com/portaverdestudio

• Mendyh
    How did you clean the hardware and how in the world did you do such a perfect job of painting around it?
  • Mary  Law
    Mary Law Villa Rica, GA
    Beautiful!
  • Annette Pace
    Annette Pace Columbus, GA
    What kind of paint used &how did you do the corners so Good without getting paint on them ?
  • Linda Butler
    Linda Butler Caribou, ME
    How did you not get paint on everything
  • Shaun
    Shaun Canada
    How can we 'Mark as Helpful' when not one question has been answered?! :/
Porta Verde Studio