What architectural style is my house | Hometalk
5.1K Views
0

What architectural style is my house

5.1K Views
0
I am beginning to think about outdoor lighting and landscaping and I am having a very difficult time determining what style my house is so that I can treat it appropriately. In looking at web resources, I think it may be craftsman or bungalow but I'm still not convinced. It was built in 2003 and is on a road with mostly ranch style homes.
  • q what architectural style is my house, architecture, curb appeal
  • Avery Crain
    Avery Crain Chesapeake, VA

The property is really quite nice, and indicative of Ranch/country style...but the overwhelming garage really throws the visual weight off. Continuing the rock around the front of garage, midway up would soften the look. A small rock corner

• Paula Bedard
    Paula Bedard Sunderland, MD

What style? All yours. =)
    I love the open floor plans of ranch style homes. I grew up in a raised ranch with a basement. Large open rooms even with a LR, DR, eat in kitchen and 3 bedrooms upstairs, large FR, large laundry, and 2 bedrooms

• Kathleen Glasscock

The deep porch and low roof lend itself to a Craftsman but it's really more of a ranch/country style. As far as lighting goes, simple is best...like the Mission style...clean lines...Your front yard has all the beginnings of something

• Marion Nesbitt

Garage overwhelms very nice, cosy-looking home. If you have $, I'd lower the garage roof. Otherwise, I agree with A. Crain about breaking up garage's visual mass. I'd continue the dark grey from house across the garage at the same level. I'd also put

• Lisa Schneider
    Lisa Schneider Adrian, MI

Here in Michigan it would be called and L ranch.

­