What architectural style is my house

I am beginning to think about outdoor lighting and landscaping and I am having a very difficult time determining what style my house is so that I can treat it appropriately. In looking at web resources, I think it may be craftsman or bungalow but I'm still not convinced. It was built in 2003 and is on a road with mostly ranch style homes.
  • Avery Crain
    Avery Crain Chesapeake, VA
    The property is really quite nice, and indicative of Ranch/country style...but the overwhelming garage really throws the visual weight off. Continuing the rock around the front of garage, midway up would soften the look. A small rock corner round-wall
  • Paula Bedard
    Paula Bedard Sunderland, MD
    What style? All yours. =)

I love the open floor plans of ranch style homes. I grew up in a raised ranch with a basement. Large open rooms even with

• Kathleen Glasscock
    The deep porch and low roof lend itself to a Craftsman but it's really more of a ranch/country style. As far as lighting goes, simple is best...like the Mission style...clean lines...Your front yard has all the beginnings of something
  • Marion Nesbitt
    Garage overwhelms very nice, cosy-looking home. If you have $, I'd lower the garage roof. Otherwise, I agree with A. Crain about breaking up garage's visual mass. I'd continue the dark grey from house across the garage at the same level. I'd also put in
  • Lisa Lornie
    Lisa Lornie Adrian, MI
    Here in Michigan it would be called and L ranch.
Thank you {% auth.user().name %} for answering this question & helping the community!
Here are some more recent questions

Search Feedback