What architectural style is my house

09.22.14
I am beginning to think about outdoor lighting and landscaping and I am having a very difficult time determining what style my house is so that I can treat it appropriately. In looking at web resources, I think it may be craftsman or bungalow but I'm still not convinced. It was built in 2003 and is on a road with mostly ranch style homes.
  • Carol M
    Carol M Gig Harbor, WA
    My first thought was Ranch, but I think you can make it whatever you like..
  • Brooke
    Brooke Santa Fe, NM
    I think it's a Cape Cod style bungalow. the garage appears to be large, which confuses the style a bit.
  • Lori Choman
    Lori Choman Auburn, GA
    Terry Knowing that you are in Covington GA and that the favorite style of house around here built in the last 30 years is ranch...You have a modified Ranch. Here's a link...click on
  • Lori J
    Lori J Broken Bow, NE
    You might consider an element like a trellis over the garage with some vining uo to if rom the left side of the garage. I don't know that I would light both sides due to asymmetric placement of your door. http://www.flickr.com/photos/42072247@N07/38...
  • Pat Dareneau
    Pat Dareneau Holly Ridge, NC
    rancher
  • Laura James
    Laura James Dawsonville, GA
    Definitely a Ranch on a crawlspace or slab. Before I do anything I would run 4" black corrugated pipe underground from all of your downspouts and get that water away from your house and foundation before you start having problems or erosion issues.
  • Shirleyhouston
    shirleyhouston Goodland, KS
    Ranch
  • SHOWCASE REMODELING
    SHOWCASE REMODELING Philadelphia, PA
    Rancher for sure.....I would use white lights

http://smartbuildingdesigns.blogspot.com

• SHOWCASE REMODELING
    SHOWCASE REMODELING Philadelphia, PA
    We don't have many houses like yours in Philly , but I like it

http://showcaseremodeling.blogspot.com

• Better Outdoor Living at Home
    It looks a bit eclectic in style, but I don't see the architectural features that you'd see on the craftsman or bungalow styles. I see a ranch (lower pitched roof, one story) that was designed with traditional features - it sort of has a one story
  • Avery Crain
    Avery Crain Chesapeake, VA
    The property is really quite nice, and indicative of Ranch/country style...but the overwhelming garage really throws the visual weight off. Continuing the rock around the front of garage, midway up would soften the look. A small rock corner round-wall
  • Paula Bedard
    Paula Bedard Sunderland, MD
    What style? All yours. =)

I love the open floor plans of ranch style homes. I grew up in a raised ranch with a basement. Large open rooms even with

• Kathleen Glasscock
    The deep porch and low roof lend itself to a Craftsman but it's really more of a ranch/country style. As far as lighting goes, simple is best...like the Mission style...clean lines...Your front yard has all the beginnings of something
  • Marion Nesbitt
    Garage overwhelms very nice, cosy-looking home. If you have $, I'd lower the garage roof. Otherwise, I agree with A. Crain about breaking up garage's visual mass. I'd continue the dark grey from house across the garage at the same level. I'd also put in
  • Lisa Lornie
    Lisa Lornie Adrian, MI
    Here in Michigan it would be called and L ranch.
Terry