Hometalk.com

Awesome Remodels 02.23.14

How a Pile of Old Wood Became a Beautiful Rustic Table

Have you ever seen a picture that you couldn't get out of your head?

That's what happened to me when I saw a photo of a beautiful rustic wood table.

Only I didn't want to buy one.

Then I spotted a pile of old wood and this is what I did.

To see more: http://gwenmossblog.blogspot.com/2013/07/how-pile-of-old-wood-became-beautiful.html

13 Comments Displaying 13 of 13 comments
  • Phil Miller Longview, TX
    I build all of my furniture out of used lumber from old homes that have been remodeled. The wood is free. Sometimes I get cut off pieces of new wood. With paint, who can tell. I do tell my customers what I use to build their pieces. Usually the wood is
  • Alexandra Arena Forest Hills, NY
    WOW! This is gorgeous, Leslie!
  • Leslie H Rancho Cordova, CA
    thanks Phil I'll be sure to check out your wood projects they sound wonderful!
  • Leslie H Rancho Cordova, CA
    Thanks for the kind words Alexandra! I'm so happy with it.
  • Sheryll S Jacksonville, FL
    I am so inspired by your dad's design for your table. I am going to use it for my someday soon (I hope) new dining room table. I miss my dad.
  • Creative Cain Cabin Bellevue, MI
    Wonderful, I just love it. I am sharing on my FB page tomorrow. You are very talented.
  • Wow! That looks fabulous!
  • Becky Blair, NE
    Wow what a great table Leslie! It would be a perfect way for us to build a sturdy table for our back deck. Two sides are house so the wind can be like a little tornado there at times so we need something heavy enough that it won't blow around. The look
  • Leslie H Rancho Cordova, CA
    thanks Becky, these are very heavy wood planks too, so it's a sturdy table.
  • Michele A Eugene, OR
    Oh! It is so beautiful! I have a pile of old fencing...wish I needed a table!
  • Leslie H Rancho Cordova, CA
    a pile of old fencing? you lucky girl you!
  • Miriam I New York, NY
    I am so impressed! Don't know why this is the first time I'm seeing this project. Can't believe I missed it!
  • Leslie H Rancho Cordova, CA
    thanks Miriam! I think we both love projects with old wood :)