Perennial Giants

Plants & Flowers 05.21.14

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
Who doesn't love big plants. Giant perennials can take the place of a shrub in your garden. They are not only useful in your gardenscape but are fun to grow. Bound to give the kids an interest and a thrill.

Read my post for more info and a good sampling of what giants you can grow.

• Alliums, or ornamental onions. There are some real giants out there and the bees love them too.
  • Astilboides is antoher plant for wetter areas.
  • White Persicaria almost makes a hege.

To see more:

• Sensible Gardening and Living
    I love Joe Pye too Douglas and our bees make good use if it.
  • Heather Scott
    I found a Joe Pye last year and I love it! Still looking for goats beard! Can Joe Pye be divided = when would be the best time to do it
    Douglas Hunt New Smyrna Beach, FL
    Heather, Joe Pye can certainly be divided. I would do so in early spring, just as you start to see growth.
  • Sensible Gardening and Living
    Yes indeed Heather. It divides beautifully and is a very strong, hardy plant. I agree with Douglas, spring is the best time.
  • Sensible Gardening and Living
    I enjoy them too, every year the suppliers nicely introduce a new variety or two for us!
Sensible Gardening and Living

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post