DIY ~ Create Your Own Water Garden In A Container!

Gardening 7 days ago
Did you know a pond isn't necessary for water gardening? You can do it in just about any container that is up to two feet deep! A container water garden is perfect for apartment balconies, patios, decks or as accents in the garden. Easy to set up and versatile, anybody can do this! Read all the details you'll need to get started at

http://ourfairfieldhomeandgarden.com/diy-crea...

#gardening

#SpringIdeas

• Water Lettuce
  • My galvanized tub water garden!
  • Lotus Flower Bud
  • Fill the pot, add the plants and you have an instant water garden!

To see more: http://ourfairfieldhomeandgarden.com/diy-create-your-own-water-garden-in-a-container/

• Sia@South 47th
    Sia@South 47th Sacramento, CA
    Barb Rosen I hope they are as well!! Someday soon! xox
  • Pludie
    Pludie Eufaula, AL
    Hope i'm not being dumb for asking this question, but doesn't mosquitoes gather in the water? I know I am constantly having to dump the water out from around my house because of those pesky little varmits.
    • Barb Rosen
      Barb Rosen Wilmington, DE
      Pludie ~ not a dumb question at all! I use mosquito dunks once a month in each container (Nontoxic to people and critters). Some folks like to use fish, but I have no place to take them in during winter and wouldn't want them to die when it gets cold.
  • Kerri
    Kerri Canada
    we have no mosquito problems in the water features, either the ponds or the smaller features such as the washtub garden and the other assorted containers I have decided screamed to hold water plants -- the trick I was told is to keep the water in
    • Kate Schleinkofer
      Kate Schleinkofer Tucson, AZ
      Another solution I have used is a few feeder goldfish... they thrive and take care of insects and larvae
  • Vicki
    Vicki Smyrna, GA
    why not to have a or more small pretty pond(s) with bog plants. and frogs will enjoy, too.
  • Jan
    jan Sanford, FL
    Goldfish (the common kind) do ok eat the mosquito larvae no need for $$ dunks and do well even in winter---if water freezes break a hole in the ice. Love the picts.
Barb Rosen