1. I added a bottom, and drilled some holes into it.
2. Stapled screen into the sides.
3. Painted with a turquoise. I didn't like the color, so I added some black to it and painted it again.
4. Distressed, a little more than I normally do because I see this going outside.
5. I painted the handles with Oil Rubbed Bronze spray.
6. I sprayed Shellac to finish it off. I know it's going outside, so I want it to look weathered, so I thought Shellac would get me there quicker.
7. I gave it away and wrote a post about it. That's a good feeling!
To see more: http://illjustpaintit.com/succulent-plant-holder/