Hometalk.com

96 Comments Displaying 15 of 96 comments | See Previous
  • Irene Montclair, CA
    Hi Bernice, I don't know how to post pictures. The pipes are painted green. I took a teaspoon with me to Home Depot. When I found the precut pvc pipe I put the handle of the spoon into a pipe so I could get the right size opening in the pipe I think it
  • Irene Montclair, CA
    Me again Bernice, I looked it up. It is called sillicon caulking and you will need a caulking gun to put the tube of caulking in. My name is Irene Foss. I tried finding you on facebook but all I had to go on was Bernice H so I missed you or you don't do
  • Bernice H Yakima, WA
    Hi Irene yes, I use clear silicone probably the most. I have used e6000 and it is too runny for me. I have tried other stuff but always come back to clear silicone because I know how it works etc.
  • Bernice H Yakima, WA
    Irene Terry M I glued my plates together today. Not as pretty as yours Terry, but it is a start. yesterday hubs and I did a marathon
  • Irene Montclair, CA
    It only takes a pvc pipe that the handle of a spoon will fit inside maybe a 1/2" pipe. If you use a spoon with the bowl flattened you can bend the handle easily to make the flower be in the position you want it to be when you look at the plate. When it
  • Bernice H Yakima, WA
    Terry M Irene How tall are you making these? They look like about 2 feet high? Hubs may have time tomorrow to cut the piece of pvc, and then I will glue them on. I am still concerned about water spotting and mineral buildup.
  • Irene Montclair, CA
    I hadn't thought about water spotting or mineral buildup. But probably a cloth with some lime away would take care of that. I think the pvc could be 2' or 1 1/2' maybe even 18" high. If it was in a pot with some flowers it would be cute with a small
  • Terri Corpus Christi, TX
    I made some of these, too. I used glass paint on the back side of clear cut glass dishes and it really gave it a new demension. I love these. My husband doesn't get it, though.
  • Bernice H Yakima, WA
    Terri Isn't that the truth???? I know hubs is just going along with this, and not saying what he really thinks. Irene You just keep on
  • What about a pie server instead of a spoon. It's already flat and wider.
  • Bernice H Yakima, WA
    Irene Terri Terry M I am still working on my plate flowers, and as was said
  • Anita Bishop Benicia, CA
    These adorable plate flowers do add whimsy to the garden. My Daughter-in-law and Son made them for me for Mother's Day. I love them, have them in potted plants. I think of them whenever I am out, and one is in a container on my porch, so I see it all the
  • JoieBK Palm Coast, FL
    These are such great fun to make and shopping garage sale/thrift stores to find the pieces is a blast! I have tried several glues and not been happy with any for one reason or the other. Locktight superglue for glass leaves a white residue between pieces
    • Kelly S Bremerton, WA
      JoieBK , I used E6000 on some and some I used outdoor silicone caulk. The last ones I made I used a cobalt drill bit and drilled holes in each piece and bolted them together. The E6000 didn't hold up as well but the caulk has.
    • Kelly S Bremerton, WA
      ps I also now use serving spoons, the ones with slots or holes. I just enlarge the hole with the cobalt drill bit. The cobalt bit is for stainless steel. I should have mentioned to use a different special bit for drilling glass and ceramic.