Hometalk.com

Garden Inspiration 7 days ago

Natural Weed Control That Works

Natural Weed Control

I don't usually post these things unless I have tried them, And this works. I was amazed how fast I saw results too.

Mix:

1 Gallon white vinegar

2 cups multi purpose epsom salt

1/4 cup regular blue dawn dish soap

Put into gallon sprayer, if you don't have a sprayer, You can use anything that will spray out liquid, Saturate weeds.

I used this in the morning around 10 am went back in a couple hours and the weeds were wilting and turning color, a few hours later, bye bye weeds. Use this every couple weeks to control weeds, all safer for the environment, and allot safer to have around the house with children and pets.

45 Comments Displaying 15 of 45 comments | See Previous
  • Robin McDonald Casper, WY
    Just a note- Epson salts ON THEIR OWN are really good for plants. COMBINED WITH VINEGAR it becomes a completely different chemical compound and will kill anything.
  • Does this work on Dandylions ? HELP,I am overrun with them !!!
  • Kathleen Bosque Farms, NM
    Will it kill the vegetables and flowers?
    • Kat Davis-Moran Punta Gorda, FL
      Kathleen Just a note- Epson salts ON THEIR OWN are really good for plants. COMBINED WITH VINEGAR it becomes a completely different chemical compound and will kill anything.
    • Catherine Smith Fredericksburg, VA
      Kathleen yes, if it will kill weeds, it will kill veggies and flowers, so apply with care.
  • Kimberly Knowles Plant City, FL
    My drain to my washer drains in the back yard that is full of weeds and all that goes with my giant Oak trees. I noticed that where the pipe drains in the yard, there are no weeds and the greenest grass on my property. Outside of this barrier are all
  • Terralee G Citrus Heights, CA
    Thanks,Kim Campbell Canada , I'll try both ideas.
  • Francine P Houston, TX
    Can this be used in the grass? I have St. Augustine that is being taken over by weeds due to drought, Want to kill the weeds but not the lawn.
    • Carol J Seminole, FL
      Francine P it will kill your St. Augustine grass also. You can try giving the grass just straight Epsom Salts and hand watering 2 times a day for a few weeks. This will help perk up your grass. But if you add the vinegar and dawn it will kill your grass.
  • Opalgirl Kelso, WA
    Will this kill nasturtiums will it kill the soil and can other veggies flowers be replaced the following year?

• Kat Davis-Moran Punta Gorda, FL
      Kat Davis-Moran Punta Gorda, FL For those who don't know, the dawn breaks up the tension on the surface of the ground, the vinegar is the carrier and the epsom salts is what really does the killing. Also if you mow, give it a day to start its growth
  • Kat Davis-Moran Punta Gorda, FL
    For those who don't know, the dawn breaks up the tension on the surface of the ground, the vinegar is the carrier and the epsom salts is what really does the killing. Also if you mow, give it a day to start its growth again and hit it. It draws the
  • Kat Davis-Moran Punta Gorda, FL
    for some reason this comment is posted twice n part missing, I will try to answer again later sorry. spray around flowers etc you don't want to die
  • LuAnn Braley Crab Orchard, KY
    Too cool. I could have saved myself, well my back anyway, a lot of ache this summer!
  • K. C Alpharetta, GA
    Not to mention, Round-up, etc. is much more expensive than gas, per gallon.