This was one of the longer and more complete projects I have had the pleasure to work on.
The main goal of the project was a 14 x 14 addition to the living room area for use as a music room; The owners wanted a place for their piano. In addition to the new square footage, all of the cabin's windows were replaced, new siding and a roof were completed, a new deck was added, and an old small deck was enlarged and converted to a covered porch.
We started as soon as the weather allowed and worked until late fall, the following spring we finished up a few loose ends. The covered porch ceiling was done in the same T&G as the siding, and some of the supports were painted in the same hunter green that highlights the rest of the cabin.
The decks were done in Ipe with redwood railings, Ipe was also used as corner and window trim. The new large picture window looks out over a small lake that is well stocked with trout. My favorite part of this project was working in such a cool location. While roofing I remember seeing the osprey that live nearby take a number of fish from the lake. I would think to myself "I never got to see that at my old