Cleaning solid hard wood flooring

Hardwood floors 06.22.15
When you clean wood flooring you are cleaning the sealer. The sealer protects your wood.

Turn off beater bars on a rug vacuum cleaner.

Never use these products on wood. Vinegar! Your Grandma used it so that makes it okay right? Your Grandma used vinegar she also waxed her floors with a paste wax. She stripped and re sealed it and buffed it several times a year. Most people now have a polyurethane finish on their floors. Vinegar will cloud then etch through the finish. This leaves the wood exposed and vinegar damages the wood. Think of drift wood. Crafters use vinegar to bleach wood out kind of a grayish finish. Wood soap. It is vegetable oil. After mopping your floors with it the water dries and leaves a residue. It makes

Your finish cloudy and it is hard to get off your floors. The more you use the more it builds up.

Green cleaning is simple. Use a micro fiber mop and spray bottle

Of water. Lightly most the mop and then mop, and dry, water is the enemy to wood flooring so protect it, dry it. Need a deeper

• Sherrie
    Sherrie Nixa, MO
    Sealing them is different from cleaning them. You have to find out what kind of sealer is on the floor. Go into the corner and scape the floor with your fingernail. If you can scrape something up it is probably sealed with wax. You can always reseal
  • Vycky Snypes
    Vycky Snypes Rockford, IL
    Sherrie What I meant was I cleaned them with Fabuloso I believe, plenty of water got in them, now I'm trying again to make them look nice. I really don't want to paint them, there
  • Sherrie
    Sherrie Nixa, MO
    Vycky here is one solution that AJ used to make her floors better

http://m.hometalk.com/#!/3360716/making-old-...

• Kristin Topping
    Kristin Topping Aliso Viejo, CA
    Hey sharrie,

I liked your ideas that you have shared for floor cleaning.It is really very helpful.By using your tips one can make their

• Sherrie
    Sherrie Nixa, MO
    Thank you
Sherrie