Rewiring a Vintage Floor Lamp | Hometalk
2.9K Views

Rewiring a Vintage Floor Lamp

2.9K Views
I bought this vintage floor lamp and I just adore the whole thing. I know I will need to rewire it. Do they have new light sockets with the pull chains to look old? I haven't tried to plug it in should I rewire anyway?
  • q rewiring a vintage floor lamp, electrical, lighting, painted furniture

To see more: http://myeclecticloft.blogspot.com/

• Nancy Dean Davis
    Nancy Dean Davis Circleville, OH

I just had to have it when I laid my eyes on it. Of course just like all the other junk (love) it called my name. lol

• Pagan Raven
      Pagan Raven Wichita, KS

@Nancy Dean Davis As long as you replace the switch, socket(s) and wiring, you are completely safe in doing so.
      There are many videos out there that show step by step how to do this and I've done my share of them in my lifetime.
      If you don't feel

• Mary Hill
    Mary Hill Los Lunas, NM

Please rewire the wonderful find and let us know how you did it.

• Adrianne C
    Adrianne C Defuniak Springs, FL

Rewiring a lamp is a great learning lesson! Not really difficult either. That one would be awesome to redo! But don't plug it in until it's been rewired!

• Jim L
    Jim L Columbia, SC

What a great lamp! Please, take it to a professional who will rewire it and replace the sockets with new ones in an "antique brass/bronze" finish. The shop will be able to do the job properly...do not gamble! Most probably, the shop will have shades

• Diane Arnold
    Diane Arnold Klamath Falls, OR

It's not a hard job, but if you're not a DIY have it done. Have done many myself, but yes don't take a chance be safe.

­