Rewiring a Vintage Floor Lamp

08.19.14
I bought this vintage floor lamp and I just adore the whole thing. I know I will need to rewire it. Do they have new light sockets with the pull chains to look old? I haven't tried to plug it in should I rewire anyway?

To see more: http://myeclecticloft.blogspot.com/

• Nancy Dean Davis
    Nancy Dean Davis Circleville, OH
    I just had to have it when I laid my eyes on it. Of course just like all the other junk (love) it called my name. lol
    • Pagan Raven
      Pagan Raven Wichita, KS
      Nancy Dean Davis As long as you replace the switch, socket(s) and wiring, you are completely safe in doing so.
  • Mary Hill
    Mary Hill Los Lunas, NM
    Please rewire the wonderful find and let us know how you did it.
  • Adrianne C
    Adrianne C Defuniak Springs, FL
    Rewiring a lamp is a great learning lesson! Not really difficult either. That one would be awesome to redo! But don't plug it in until it's been rewired!
  • Jim L
    Jim L Columbia, SC
    What a great lamp! Please, take it to a professional who will rewire it and replace the sockets with new ones in an "antique brass/bronze" finish. The shop will be able to do the job properly...do not gamble! Most probably, the shop will have shades that
  • Diane Arnold
    Diane Arnold Klamath Falls, OR
    It's not a hard job, but if you're not a DIY have it done. Have done many myself, but yes don't take a chance be safe.
Nancy Dean Davis